8 minutes ago, CChickenROW said:

I install storemi 2.0 form AMD's website

After reboot, I got BSOD with message "inaccessible boot device "

Does anyone here have same problem?

MB:

GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI with F12e BIOS

CPU:

R7 3700X

Go into the BIOS, set the SATA to RAID. Try again.

10 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Go into the BIOS, set the SATA to RAID. Try again.

Have tried it, it just not recognize all of SATA drive

and in the manual,It told me just set up in AHCI mode

image.png.8c08e7202a668bf5b808d79931614ab8.png

1 minute ago, CChickenROW said:

Have tried it, it just not recognize all of SATA drive

and in the manual,It told me just set up in AHCI mode

StoreMi I'm pretty sure requires it to be in RAID mode. "Inaccesable boot device", at least on Intel systems happens when the iRST driver isn't installed or defective and the BIOS is required to be in RAID mode to use it.

AMD systems seem to be slightly different in this regard but you might have to actually update the BIOS.

29 minutes ago, Kisai said:

StoreMi I'm pretty sure requires it to be in RAID mode. "Inaccesable boot device", at least on Intel systems happens when the iRST driver isn't installed or defective and the BIOS is required to be in RAID mode to use it.

AMD systems seem to be slightly different in this regard but you might have to actually update the BIOS.

I knew that, so when It happens first time, I have the same idea as yours

4 hours ago, Kisai said:

Im pretty sure storemi 2 seems to be running ll in software, unlike rst, so it doesn't care and should work on any system(if it wasn't locked out by amd)

6 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Im pretty sure storemi 2 seems to be running ll in software, unlike rst, so it doesn't care and should work on any system(if it wasn't locked out by amd)

That shot of the manual wasn't in the user's post when I replied to them.

Based on the info there, it sounds like this is closer to Intel's iRST for use with Optane rather than just the high-performance mode. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amd-storemi-faq

If this is the case, then it probably can't be used in single-drive mode as it can only installed and configured from Windows.

Are the AMD StoreMI updates available on all Ryzen processors and chipsets?

The new version of AMD StoreMI technology will initially be available for AMD X570 and the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processor with downloads starting July 7. We plan to deploy additional support throughout Q3 to the remaining compatible chipsets: AMD B450, X470, B550, X399, TRX40.

And if it's software, then I really wonder why it's limited to AMD chips and chipsets at all. Based on statements found on the website it sounds like there is still a hardware aspect to it. Unless maybe it's piggybacking off the 1.0 version.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:01 AM, CChickenROW said:

MB:

CPU:

R7 3700X

Hey! I am having the exact same issue

3700x

rog x570-e

as soon as I installed the program. Pc restarted and I got the bsod.

while installing the program. Haven’t even turned on storemi.

bsod error says “inaccessible boot drive”

47 minutes ago, xadidas4lifex said:

Hey! I am having the exact same issue

3700x

rog x570-e

as soon as I installed the program. Pc restarted and I got the bsod.

while installing the program. Haven’t even turned on storemi.

bsod error says “inaccessible boot drive”

“inaccessible boot drive” is, always, to date, the NVMe/Sata/RAID driver being installed and then the user not having the correct SATA/RAID setting in the BIOS to match it. When it's anything else, it's because the driver failed to load, in which you will need to get into safe boot mode at least once for it to find the right driver.

8 minutes ago, Kisai said:

“inaccessible boot drive” is, always, to date, the NVMe/Sata/RAID driver being installed and then the user not having the correct SATA/RAID setting in the BIOS to match it. When it's anything else, it's because the driver failed to load, in which you will need to get into safe boot mode at least once for it to find the right driver.

Windows will not boot into safe mode.

amd said don’t have the nvme in raid mode. Tried it anyway, no luck. Tried nvme and Sata both in raid, no luck. Tried just nvme in raid, no luck. Tried sata just in raid, no luck.

also tried disconnecting all other hard drives.

so storemi was never turned on. The program was only installed. Upon rebooting from program installation, the inaccessible error started popping up. 

14 minutes ago, Kisai said:

What you say makes sense tho. Completely agree with you, and definitely tried it.

its just not working for me

17 minutes ago, xadidas4lifex said:

Windows will not boot into safe mode.

amd said don’t have the nvme in raid mode. Tried it anyway, no luck. Tried nvme and Sata both in raid, no luck. Tried just nvme in raid, no luck. Tried sata just in raid, no luck.

also tried disconnecting all other hard drives.

so storemi was never turned on. The program was only installed. Upon rebooting from program installation, the inaccessible error started popping up. 

Yeah, you might have be SOL then. AMD and Intel both warn against uninstalling or installing over previous versions.

Anyway, ultimately what you need to do is boot into safe mode, and if you can't do that, you've done something fatal. 

Like on Intel boards, this is how you go about installing the NVMe driver without installing it at OS install time:

a) install the driver, msconfig and select safeboot

b) reboot and go directly to the BIOS and switch from AHCI to RAID

c) boot directly into safeboot

d) remove safeboot selection and reboot normally

It's very simple, but if you've missed a step, you can completely obliterate the NVMe driver, you'll have to boot from something else and try and fix it. At that point, you may as just reinstall the OS.

Yea that seems to be the case. Never have had storemi installed before. Figured I would give it a try. But then this happens lol

On 7/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, Kisai said:

Yeah, you might have be SOL then. AMD and Intel both warn against uninstalling or installing over previous versions.

Anyway, ultimately what you need to do is boot into safe mode, and if you can't do that, you've done something fatal. 

Like on Intel boards, this is how you go about installing the NVMe driver without installing it at OS install time:

a) install the driver, msconfig and select safeboot

b) reboot and go directly to the BIOS and switch from AHCI to RAID

c) boot directly into safeboot

d) remove safeboot selection and reboot normally

It's very simple, but if you've missed a step, you can completely obliterate the NVMe driver, you'll have to boot from something else and try and fix it. At that point, you may as just reinstall the OS.

I have reinstalled Windows 10 1903 and it still got BSOD.

So I decide to wait for a long time until it got stabilized.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2020 at 11:01 AM, CChickenROW said:

MB:

CPU:

R7 3700X

Same here, Strix B550E with R5 3600. I didn't try the raid option so I can't report on that as I just reinstalled windows fresh (it's a fairly new build and my secondary storage drive was intact so it's not a massive loss). Still, super not impressed. I ended up just purchasing a license for PrimoCache as soon as the reinstall was finished. Considering StoreMi does a destructive caching, I don't want to deal with the current 0% uptime I've had on StoreMi. Too bad as well, I was quite excited for the feature. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 3:31 PM, CChickenROW said:

MB:

CPU:

R7 3700X

What is you storage configuration ??? it seems to work on my system with OS on HDD and 1 SATA SSD and 1 NVMe

I have paired HDD and SATA SSD on latest Windows OS update 19041

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 3:51 PM, Kisai said:

System should be in Default i.,e AHCI mode and not in RAID Mode.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:16 PM, Turis said:

What is you storage configuration ??? it seems to work on my system with OS on HDD and 1 SATA SSD and 1 NVMe

I have paired HDD and SATA SSD on latest Windows OS update 19041

I didn't get into system after install it

(2* 120g SATA SSD, 1 *1T HDD, 1*500g SATA SSD)

• 11 months later...

i am having the issue too.i found out that amd storemi 2 do not support phison base nvme(sabrent,pny,etc) controller.you can see in device manager.

but my samsung nvme is worked

what is your storage controller?

i am guessing amd storemi 2 only works on sata controller hdd but not optical drive.

nvme only samsung

• 9 months later...

I'm reviving this topic only because I have help no solution but a but a pretty good way to go back to your system before installing stormy and this is also a good idea to create a system restore point before installing StoreMI in the future, so after a time or two of getting the blue screen you'll come back up to the troubleshooting options go in there and then select backup from restore point and now we figure out how to install storemi but making sure everything's lining up as per se when it comes to bios and pass for hard drives and what type of hard drive it is should be a way to fix it

Just now, Im_Linus_s_Twin said:

I'm reviving this topic only because I have help no solution but a but a pretty good way to go back to your system before installing stormy and this is also a good idea to create a system restore point before installing StoreMI in the future, so after a time or two of getting the blue screen you'll come back up to the troubleshooting options go in there and then select backup from restore point and now we figure out how to install storemi but making sure everything's lining up as per se when it comes to bios and pass for hard drives and what type of hard drive it is should be a way to fix it

Also once you get back into the computer you should run dism.exe in command and if someone could help me out with the correct command on that dism.exe will be greatly appreciated