Budget (70-80 usd) PSU for Ryzen 3600/2060 KO

Hello all,

I'm a first time builder and want to make sure I have a suitable PSU. My current build is below (along with the PSU i'm using so far.) Based on the "what wattage do you need" thread I should be fine with a 450w, and in that case i could get a better quality one, but my friend told me that it's better to use 550 in case I want to upgrade. What should I do? (Also, I checked a few of the B tier PSUs and they mostly seemed like they were out of my budget.)

My current setup has a 80+ psu. I use computers often and sometimes leave them on overnight so efficiency could be a secondary issue.

I was also recommeded the corsair 550w 80+bronze and the corsair CXM 450w 80+bronze semi-modular PSU.

Budget: Ideally the PSU would be <70 usd but I might be able to push it to 80.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mHMggJ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($171.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Team MP34 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($66.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB KO GAMING Video Card
Case: *Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($54.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: EVGA 600 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Best Buy)
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-AC55BT B1 PCIe x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($34.99 @ B&H)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PWM PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($14.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PWM PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($14.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO Wired Optical Mouse  ($47.99 @ Best Buy)
Custom: 8GB Cruzer Blade USB Flash  ($5.95 @ Amazon)
Total: $737.83 (Note: this doesn't include the video card which is 300 if I get it from the EVGA website)
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-07-10 12:21 EDT-0400

Where do you live ? And do you have a site we can visit ?  Without knowing prices where you live. 

MWE gold. 

Tx550m should be around the 80ish dollar mark

Cheaper option like the cx550 should be more than enough. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Where do you live ? And do you have a site we can visit ?  Without knowing prices where you live. 

MWE gold. 

Tx550m should be around the 80ish dollar mark

Cheaper option like the cx550 should be more than enough. 

I live in the US, specifically in the northeast. The prices are just based on pcpartpicker but you could visit the newegg/amazon us site

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

I'm pretty sure the NEG zen is basically a cx ( Little bit worse ) with gold efficiency. Not s bad unit but the cx should be cheaper and a little better. 

Nvm. I checked prices and it's really bad. 

3 minutes ago, x029 said:

Like what @boggy77 suggested. You can go with the NEG zen. It's basically a cx with gold efficiency. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Ok thank you @TofuHaroto and @boggy77.  yeah - I checked the prices on the corsair cx/txm and they were either a bit high or out of stock. Looks like the antec should be good - thanks all!

by the way @TofuHaroto, is that the same as the "Neo Eco M Gold / Zen" in the B+ tier?

hmm, i was also recommended https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cY2bt6/corsair-cv-650-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020211-na and

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r2TPxr/evga-br-600w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-100-br-0600-k1,

which look like they are cheaper but have higher wattages. Is that important? It looks like they are both in B tier not B+ so will they also be ok?

22 minutes ago, x029 said:

hmm, i was also recommended https://pcpartpicker.com/product/cY2bt6/corsair-cv-650-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020211-na and

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r2TPxr/evga-br-600w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-100-br-0600-k1,

which look like they are cheaper but have higher wattages. Is that important? It looks like they are both in B tier not B+ so will they also be ok?

neo eco zen gold is B+, cv650 is B. that's more important than wattage.

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

neo eco zen gold is B+, cv650 is B. that's more important than wattage.

Okay. I was asking because the page said that both B+ and B should be fine

If you want to go for a budget PSU, the best one is Corsair CX450. And it comes well beneath your budget as well. Have a look at this one and i will suggest other options later. Having more option always creates confusion hence dig deep and research well about the products that is already there.