Is the Corsair CV650 good?

Hi, I bought a CV650 for 74€ (I’m in Italy) thinking it would be a good buy over the base model SV650 but now it looks like I should’ve spent more on a higher end PSU.

Here it’s difficult to find EVGA PSUs and I’ve seen Cooler Master PSUs straight up not recommended.

I read that the SV series was really bad but in theory the CV650 in particular should be a lot better thanks to the use of a DC-DC converter instead of the old group modulated SV.

I don’t understand well PSUs tech though, I thought that 80+ bronze and the big brand was already a good indicator. 

Can someone that understands well PSUs explain to me if I’ll be fine with it (I have a 3600 and 2060s) or I should send it back and order a Corsair CX650w for 95€ (still non-modular) or a Corsair RMx 550w for 122€.

Is all this difference in price worth it? I didn’t want to cheap out, I thought that the CV650 was already medium range. 

thanks

Sits very very meh. For an office PC it's fine. For anything with a dGPU step up to a CX650 or Pure Power Gold

Also, avoid EVGA low end power supplies, they're horrible and some even are fire hazards.

Acceptable for a budget gaming PC. Better than the CV450 and 550. Tier B on our tier list is a good spot for saving some money on a PSU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

First of all 

Efficiency and brand have nothing to do with quality 

Second of all. 

25 minutes ago, glowl said:

CV650

Considering it's better then the 450 and the 550 versions and it's not a group reg compared to them. It'll be fine. 

If you already have it then it'll be okay. If you don't consider a cx550.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Keep it if you already have it, look at a cx550 if you don't

It is but human, to err, to buy a PSU, akin to dirt,

but fret not, young Padawan, for we will tell you, 

what will become, of that, which you have earned

or a pp10/11 unit, or a TXm unit

1 hour ago, glowl said:

I’ve seen Cooler Master PSUs straight up not recommended.

like every other brand. CM has their good an bad units. 

same with EVGA, Corsair, and everyone else. 

so idk why anyone would point to a single brand and say "avoid it". unless that person is actually pointing at Logisys. 

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

like every other brand. CM has their good an bad units. 

same with EVGA, Corsair, and everyone else. 

so idk why anyone would point to a single brand and say "avoid it". unless that person is actually pointing at Logisys. 

or insignia/raidmax/diablotek

1 hour ago, glowl said:

I already have it, it’s not to late to return it though, I’d prefer not to. Would the CX be a good upgrade and worth the extra money? https://www.vginformatica.com/alimentatori/corsair-cx650-alimentatore-per-computer-650-w-24-pin-atx-atx-nero-cp-9020122-eu.html

If it were my system I would return it in a heartbeat and get a TXm or at the very least a CX. The Be Quiet Pure Power Gold and Cooler Master MWE Gold are also solid.

But yeah, take it from someone who has had shit power supplies and low end power supplies - the PSU is the last thing you want to save money on.

The shop only has an RM850 I think. Would buying a 850w be too overkill? Would it be bad to buy a PSU with this much wattage (aside from the obvious increase in cost)?