Painting Corsair fan rings

I am hoping that some of you guys here can give me a little insight on how to paint the white coloured (or colored) fan rings that are shipped with the Corsair AF/SP series of fans. I wish to colour the fan rings 'Nvidia Green' if that makes sense. I am wondering what sort of paint should be used and where abouts it could be picked up.

I am also wondering how long in the painted state the fans will last hoping that the paint doesn't chip or fall off.

Such help would be greatly appreciated.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Buy spray paint for plastics that's the color you want, do very very light coats. At least 6. Let it dry for an hour between coats.

im guessing spray paint can would be good enough... i might be wrong though

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Buy spray paint for plastics that's the color you want, do very very light coats. At least 6. Let it dry for an hour between coats.

Do that ^.

Nothing complex.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I would dye the plastic, not paint it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I would dye the plastic, not paint it.

I've used spray paint meant for the same plastic for the Corsair rings and it works surprisingly well. Plus it's usually cheaper than the dyes.

i painted my corsair rings nvidia green and looks amazing

just spray paint in the right color and your good to go

switching between fans i dont like those sp120 fans they are too loud :(

• 5 months later...

i painted my corsair rings nvidia green and looks amazing

just spray paint in the right color and your good to go

switching between fans i dont like those sp120 fans they are too loud :(

Would you mind telling me what kind of spray paint you used? I'm having a hard time finding the green paint that I want. All I found was the Rustoleum florescent green spray paint. I appreciate it.

• 2 years later...
On 8/8/2014 at 7:11 AM, Testing123 said:

Check out Jay @ JayzTwoCents on YouTube. He has a video where he shows how he paints his Corsair fan rings.

The relevant portion begins a ~3:25 of the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tluQqvxGkE

Hope that helps...

Dont mean to revive an old topic.. but its  sad to see the video private now.  Anyone have any idea what he did?  I'm trying to paint mine.

1 hour ago, AlgaeEater said:

Dont mean to revive an old topic.. but its  sad to see the video private now.  Anyone have any idea what he did?  I'm trying to paint mine.

Hang them up or put them on a piece of wood, give em a light spray to cover them, wait for it to dry then move em slightly and put another coat on.

It's not rocket science :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089