Came from apple

rg4video

I am an apple sheep, i have used magic keyboards and Magic Mouse for years. I had to sell my iMac for college recently because they require PCs for my major, photography. 

While i suppose I could just get a keyboard and mouse from apple again, I’d rather give the pc world a chance. I want a backlit keyboard and maybe a mouse that doesn’t hurt my hand as much.

Any suggestions for a mouse and keyboard for a photographer using photoshop? I do plan on gaming, but i have a ps4 controller for that. (Mostly Tomb raider).

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pyMbMc

Here’s my spec list if it’s needed

The MX Master from Logitech is a really good productivity mouse

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 hours ago, rg4video said:

I am an apple sheep, i have used magic keyboards and Magic Mouse for years. I had to sell my iMac for college recently because they require PCs for my major, photography. 

While i suppose I could just get a keyboard and mouse from apple again, I’d rather give the pc world a chance. I want a backlit keyboard and maybe a mouse that doesn’t hurt my hand as much.

Any suggestions for a mouse and keyboard for a photographer using photoshop? I do plan on gaming, but i have a ps4 controller for that. (Mostly Tomb raider).

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pyMbMc

Here’s my spec list if it’s needed

Your uni requires PC instead of Mac for photography? Ew.

Depends what kind of keyboard you want. I float between Cherry red and blue for example and I'm not a fan of browns. Would suggest getting a tester from amazon with different switches in to see what you like. 

Mouse wise it depends on what grip you have and is likely trial and error trying stuff in shops. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I am fine with wired or wireless.

I did some measurements using the forum’s guide and my results were

Length: 12.19 cm

Width: 6.86 cm

I definitely liked https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xgrcCJ/razer-deathadder-elite-wired-optical-mouse-rz01-02010100-r3u1

when I tried it at Best Buy pre-COVID.

They had a 50 dollar keyboard that was comfortable too.

I am currently using my magic keyboard for the iPad Pro and i love it... so maybe something similar? I also loved the 2015 MacBook Pro keyboard, before they switched to the butterfly ones.

10 minutes ago, rg4video said:

I am fine with wired or wireless.

I did some measurements using the forum’s guide and my results were

Length: 12.19 cm

Width: 6.86 cm

I definitely liked https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xgrcCJ/razer-deathadder-elite-wired-optical-mouse-rz01-02010100-r3u1

when I tried it at Best Buy pre-COVID.

They had a 50 dollar keyboard that was comfortable too.

I am currently using my magic keyboard for the iPad Pro and i love it... so maybe something similar? I also loved the 2015 MacBook Pro keyboard, before they switched to the butterfly ones.

Which keyboard? Issue is those keyboards don't really exist for PC's you'd be buying a macgic keyboard from apple to use on the PC as they're functionally the same just with command and option instead of windows and alt. 

Personally would go mechanical vs membrane too. Depends on your budget though I could easily say go for the G815 because it's low profile and clicky but it goes for like £170

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

For the mouse, the MX Master 3 is really solid for tasks where latency isn't a problem - so for gaming it's not ideal. For that you'd want a G Pro Wireless (or some other similarly well performing wireless mouse) or you'd have to go wired.

For keyboards, mechanical's definitely the way to go, though you should look for a switch tester to figure out which type of switch is perfect for you, as there's many different factors that differentiate each and every one of them.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC