Is it possible to make a Ducky one 2 SF wireless?

Gambit76116

Hey guys, I recently purchased a ducky one 2 SF for the office.

Is there anyway to make this keyboard wireless? I know its a bit of a crazy question ... I know there will be power issues... just asking the question....

Technically, yes. You can get wireless USB adaptors. But like you said, you'd need to work out a way of powering it. 

I don't know the Duck One 2 SF PCB and case but of course it is possible. You'll need a Bluetooth module like the RN42 with the correct HID firmware, wire it to the micro controller (to the correct ports) and then most likely modify the firmware because you'll need to have pairing capabilities (or have a work around by adding some buttons to the keyboard and only take the data pins from the microcontroller.

Next step is then to add the battery pack with loading capabilities, voltage regulation and so one.

Last step is to have it switch over between Bluetooth and USB connection.

Good luck modifying an existing keyboard. You're better off either buying a wireless keyboard or modifying existing schematics and creating a custom PCB.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

There are USB to Bluetooth transmitters and receivers however they can introduce latency, which you wouldn't want with a keyboard.

Even with the transmitter you would need to provide 5v to the keyboard and transmitter so you would need some sort of external battery pack.

Overall, not a very elegant solution.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thanks guys, yes not an elegant solution no it is worth the headache.

I dropped the idea.