Do I need 5 fans?

Whateverchan

I have a Corsair 275 case, and it comes with two stock case fans. I have 3 RGB Asiahorse fans, and I plan to use them. At first, I was gonna just put away the stock case fans. But now, I see that there are space on top of the case which I can put two more fans. Is it necessary to put two more fans on top? I'm also having a difficult time screwing them up there. One stays in place, while the other one can be moved left and right. It's hard to screw in the bolts, too, for some reason. Wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Is it better to put them up there or just put them away?

https://i.imgur.com/rKwJZUM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ueKoVen.jpg

I'll probably play some AAA games like RE and FF, along with lighter games like CS, DBZ, Tekken, Yakuza, RPG Maker. I'm looking at some game development programs like Blender or Unreal, too. But that's in the future. Maybe some video editing software as well. I don't think they will be too demanding...? I am not doing any overclocking, either. If they're not important, I'll leave them aside for now. More fans = more power demand = more electric usage = higher bill? XD

Required? No

Better to have? Yes

The more fans the better, especially since you already have them

5 minutes ago, Whateverchan said:

More fans = more power demand = more electric usage = higher bill?

Not really. They use such little power, it wouldn’t be noticeable. Plus, more fans means they can all be working less and using less power.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

It all depends if you like the sound of the wind or not. :)

If we're talking about needs - no, you for sure don't need 5 fans.

Silence should be your goal, not +/- 1 celsius degree.

5 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

It all depends if you like the sound of the wind or not. :)

If we're talking about needs - no, you for sure don't need 5 fans.

Silence should be your goal, not +/- 1 celsius degree.

Depends on preference but it’s definitely A goal.  Sometimes more fans makes for a quieter machine.  It depends on how fast they have to run.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Are case fans screws supposed to go all the way in? Try as I may, these bastards just won't go in! And the fans don't stay in one place, either. I can slide it up and down. Well, the fans won't fall back inside due to the screw heads, but I don't know if this is acceptable. I don't remember the stock fans being like that... Should I just keep screwing until they stick? My fingers are actually in pain from all those frictions. This can't be normal... It'll be fun, they said. T_T