Cyberpunk 2077 will only run with DirectX 12

Vishera
52 minutes ago, Vishera said:

HWBOT is awesome,I am currently in a battle to achieve the fastest GTX 1660,seems like you need more than 1 GHz overclock to the memory to get first place :D

First place has 1.2GHz overclock to the memory (the 1660 is heavily bottlenecked by the memory).

some time ago i held the record for the second fastest 3d mark score for rx 480s on air, haven't Oced in a while though

Another "Microsoft evil" thread and "forcing people to move to w10". Play on console if your not happy about using w10. And if you're pissed off; Blame CDPR for using DX12 instead of vulkan. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Another "Microsoft evil" thread and "forcing people to move to w10". Play on console if your not happy about using w10. And if you're pissed off; Blame CDPR for using DX12 instead of vulkan. 

While the claims that Microsoft is forcing users to upgrade is legit,i don't see why you link it to the thread itself,some people are against the DX12 decision but not everyone in this thread.

I think this is a great choice since RTX is awesome and DX12 doesn't hold them back in that regard,in the end of the day CDPR is just using an API that is better for their needs.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

While the claims that Microsoft is forcing users to upgrade is legit,i don't see why you link it to the thread itself

Because people are blaming MS that DX12 is only available on W10 and W7 and therefore if you want to play this game, then you have to either be on W10, or an EoL OS which is no longer supported (or console, which people are still ignoring). which then goes back to my other statement, CDPR made the choice to use DX12 only, not MS.

you even said it yourself

Another case is games published by Microsoft,those are designed to not work on Windows 7 and 8.1 on purpose to force the user into upgrading.

You got proof of that? Unless it's time to start criticizing Sony or not creating games for the PS3 (or PS4 when the PS5 gets released) and therefore forcing people to upgrade. No developer should have to create multiple versions of any program or game for an OS that doesn't offer enough rate of return for the time they put into it. W7 gamers are in a tiny minority, W8 and 8.1 are even smaller than that. 

the only time i will admit that Microsoft forced anything regarding upgrading to W10 was was back when it was first released and they were pushing updates, but other than that, no.

and this isn't directed at you specifically but this forum loves to go on about how private companies can do what ever they like with their own platform (in this case the platform is Windows), but i guess it's only when it benefits them.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

23 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Unless it's time to start criticizing Sony or not creating games for the PS3

The PS3 is very limited resource wise,and it uses a completely different instruction set while Windows 7 and 10 both support X86,DX11 and DX12.

Also Sony's decision not allowing to publish new games for the PS3 took effect on 1st January 2018 (there were exceptions for those who bribed Sony,thus bringing FIFA 2019 to the PS3).

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

1 hour ago, Vishera said:

While the claims that Microsoft is forcing users to upgrade is legit,i don't see why you link it to the thread itself,some people are against the DX12 decision but not everyone in this thread.

I think this is a great choice since RTX is awesome and DX12 doesn't hold them back in that regard,in the end of the day CDPR is just using an API that is better for their needs.

MS isn't forcing anyone to do anything. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you ditch Windows 7. Why should MS continue to make games for an OS they no longer support? If you want to play them, upgrade. If you don't want to do that then tough shit. That is the CHOICE you make. There is no force involved.

Just now, Derangel said:

MS isn't forcing anyone to do anything. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you ditch Windows 7.

They kind of are,they pulled support,then they put those full screen "Update to Windows 10" notices that flash once in a while in an update i didn't install,

Then their games just don't work on it.

7 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Why should MS continue to make games for an OS they no longer support?

Games just work on Windows 7 with no effort at all since the features games use also exist on Windows 7...

For example Need for Speed Heat works really well on Windows 7 even though EA are actively trying to block Windows 7 users from playing the game.

16 minutes ago, Derangel said:

If you want to play them, upgrade.

Almost all games work,it's just Microsoft games that don't and i am fine with that since i don't like those types of games anyway.

I also have Windows Server 2019 (dual-boot) so if i want to play them i can...

21 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

what's even intriguing that windows 8 didn't get the DX12 update. like a more modern OS (relatively) didn't get that forward compatibility patch

They basically had to kill it off in favor of Windows 10. Honestly, I can't blame them. I can however for doing this dumb mistake and porting DX12 to Windows 7. Both OS versions should've died off long ago, especially the older 7.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:23 AM, TetraSky said:

Oh, DX12 only? I can't even play it then. Literally no DX12 games run on my GPU, even though it's "technically" compatible. Whenever I try to enable DX12 in a game, it either crash or fails.

I guess I'll just watch someone play it on Youtube when it comes out. Not going to buy a new GPU when I barely play games these days, just for a single game.

I have the R9 280 which is a rebranded HD 7950 and I can run DX12 games with no issues, I suggest doing a DDU and make sure you're using the latest drivers

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

On 7/5/2020 at 8:50 AM, RejZoR said:

Now that corpse will rot around for even longer.

That corpse still better in many ways than their newest polished turd......

44 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Especially people who feel like they have to force others to use what they use, can't accept that others make their own choices 

One thing is forcing someone, another is being stubborn to no ends. No one is forcing you to upgrade to Windows 10. However, since you're making a choice of sticking with outdated OS, it's on you for being left behind with tech and features. Your CHOICE for staying behind shouldn't affect MY CHOICE of embracing progress. Because even if I complain and bitch about things in Windows 10, at the end of the day, I still update to each latest version of Windows the moment it comes out. Because I want technology to progress. I love new features like HW GPU Scheduling. And this should especially apply if you're a minority. Which Windows 7 certainly is. I frankly don't even know anyone who would still be using this ancient thing.

Because as much as I hate some things, I also understand reasons why Microsoft is trying to move things on the fast lane. Because security needs to move forward faster than it is now and you people sticking with ancient versions are not helping that. I also understand why Microsoft tied DirectX to operating system version. To push people forward and make them use new versions so they can iterate things faster with each release. I just think they weren't expecting people to be this god damn stubborn about it. It's why Apple can pull a 4th architecture overhaul, because they make sure things move forward fast. It's also why consoles are making leaps with every release. Because their nature of being closed ecosystem ensures things move forward when they decide to do so. But with PC's, you always have bunch of stubborn people who whine about new things forever and stick with prehistoric versions forever. And then everyone is wondering why shit is not moving anywhere for years. Gee, I wonder why...

Eh don't have to worry about what was brought up here as Cyberpunk 2077 will run nicely on my LE Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 console.  : )

Windows 7 EOL with extended support ending on January 14, 2020. You can get Extended Security Updates (ESU) through 2023, but you have to pay for that per device per year with an increase in cost each year after the next. This is for corporations that have a lot of legacy in-house development that still needs time to migrate off of and onto Windows 10.

If a game developer wants to code for an older OS, that's on them. But for everyone else, you should either migrate to Windows 10, or use Linux.

Also worth noting, Microsoft gave everyone a free year to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. So none have any excuses at this point. You willfully missed it, move on!

*** Thread cleaned ***

So this went off topic. Like a mile. The following is from removed comment. I share it here to show how far off topic this went:

Cyberpunk 2077 will only run with DirectX 12

Hospitals and banks still run that <WinXP/7> stuff because their IT departments are garbage.

You know the drill, if we need to clean this again, might as well just lock it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv