Need help with my air cooling setup and PWM fans.

CoolMarquis97
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,

You seem to be running 140s.  2 in 2 out.  You’ve got a big ol’ cpu cooler with fans on both sides that also looks like it has sides that don’t flow through?  For the cpu I suspect the amount of airflow beyond a certain minimum isn’t going to make much of any difference.  The cpu fans control the air going to the cpu cooler.   The case air might be of slightly lower ambient, but unless the air can’t get into or out of your case and the cpu or gpu heat up the ambient air before it gets to the cpu fan there won’t be any change.  You might see a bit more from the gpu, but again, if it can get it’s air in and out more isn’t better.  What it sounds like is 1 produces adequate ventilation for your hardware so more isn’t going to do anything

So recently I upgraded to the Silent Base 600 which has a PWM fan controller but I noticed that whether I put the fans on 1 or 3, there really isn't a difference in terms of temperature the only thing that seems to be affected is noise? Is this normal or should I be expected better thermal performance when running my fans at a higher rpm. 

Do I have my fans set up properly? The front two are intake and the back and top fan are outtake. 

Thanks for any help and advice. 

IMG_0999.jpg

You seem to be running 140s.  2 in 2 out.  You’ve got a big ol’ cpu cooler with fans on both sides that also looks like it has sides that don’t flow through?  For the cpu I suspect the amount of airflow beyond a certain minimum isn’t going to make much of any difference.  The cpu fans control the air going to the cpu cooler.   The case air might be of slightly lower ambient, but unless the air can’t get into or out of your case and the cpu or gpu heat up the ambient air before it gets to the cpu fan there won’t be any change.  You might see a bit more from the gpu, but again, if it can get it’s air in and out more isn’t better.  What it sounds like is 1 produces adequate ventilation for your hardware so more isn’t going to do anything

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

22 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Awesome, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something backwards.