Decent silent backlit keyboard?

sebasura

Hi, I've been searching for keyboards to code in, but I don't know if those really slim ones are durable enough to be worth it, even though I like that they are so portable.

Do you know any decent keyboard that has these features?

- Silent
- Backlit

- Decent enough to not die in a year

- Has USB connector

--- Nice to have:

- Wireless

- Function key to be able to adjust the brightness on my HP 840 G5 (although I've never had a keyboard like that and I don't know how that works lol, also I use Linux so that might be a problem)

I don't want to spend a fortune on this, but I'm willing to check all the options available. I might just buy a pricier one if it's worth it.

Thanks!

Because of the silent requirement, I'd probably point you to a membrane board. Because of the desire for quality, I'd point you to Logitech. I have a K350 board that I've been using for at least ten years on my secondary PC, but it is not backlit and definitely not silent. I haven't used this board myself, but I'd probably lean towards this guy with your requirements:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/345155/logitech-wireless-k800-illuminated-keyboard

I don't think MC has any Logitech exclusives, so I'd bet you could find that on Amazon and Newegg.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Ah yeah, I've seen that keyboard on reviews and videos, sounds pretty nice, but it's on the pricier side. I might go for it if I don't find anything else that fits my criteria. Thanks!