Potential PlayStation 5 pricing rumours

AndreiArgeanu
1 hour ago, Giganthrax said:

Nobody cares if the Xbox Series X is going to have better hardware than the PS5. What matters is the exclusives, and so far Xbox Series X has an underwhelming offering, with all or most of its exclusives being available on PC anyway.

I doubt that Xbox exclusives being available on PC matter that much on Xbox sales. It does ofc little bit but I think most of those getting consoles for gaming are not people with good gaming PCs.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

15 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

well the ps5 has little over 10 thflops and xbox x has almost 12 tflops. that is 20% better performance just in gpu. it has better cpu also. 

ps 5 has rx 5700 XT like gpu and ps 5 rtx 2080 super+ like gpu

15 hours ago, Medicate said:

If you don't compare between different GPU architectures and stay within one, the difference in Tflops will usually also result in that difference of performance.
It's not a perfect metric, but your 9 Tflops RDNA2 Gpu won't outperform a 12Tflops RDNA2 Gpu in any metric bar power consumption.

To be clear, it is an apple to oranges comparison (to an extent).

PS5 gets 10.28 tflops from 35 CU's while xbox gets 12 tflops from 52 CU's.  So the 20% better is only based on full utilization of all CU's, which it is harder to get 100% utilization on more CU's.  The PS4's CU is actually more powerful.  Overall, until games actual are released, it is harder to say which GPU will run better.  (A faster CU means a result that might be needed can get given slightly quicker, like a ray tracing element).  The xbox actually only has 10GB of high speed ram, the other 6 is slower speeds, so not sure if that will make any difference.

In regards to the pricing, I doubt Sony even knows the final pricing.  They probably have the "lowest" number and "highest" number that they will go, but are likely waiting until xbox releases their to see if they will do lower, higher or somewhere in between.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

6 minutes ago, Mihle said:

I doubt that Xbox exclusives being available on PC matter that much on Xbox sales. It does ofc little bit but I think most of those getting consoles for gaming see not people with gold gaming PCs.

Not to mention people who can splurge to have both. Sometimes (let's be honest, most of the time), a console is just more convenient to lug across the house (or keep in a media center) for those who can afford both. My tower is a lumbering piece of shit to move despite the fact that it's a Micro-ATX tower. An Xbox One X (and for that matter, an Xbox Series X) is far easier to take around a house, or literally anywhere else.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

-= Moved to General Discussion =-

Rumor posts are not accepted as news topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER