Can I install 'roof' fans?

EightyEight8

Hello! I'm new to the pc world and recently I've noticed my cpu will get pretty hot when playing simple games like ets2, it will ususually be around 67c. I was thinking that adding 2 fans to the top of my pc could help this issue; however as I'm still getting used to how a pc is built I don't know if a fans can be installed here and any help is appreciated 20200627_173057.thumb.jpg.bc85b783c975a1c90d534060aebb9612.jpg. (I have since gotten rid of the dust collecting in the image) I have an AMD Ryzen 3 2300x cpu

2 minutes ago, EightyEight8 said:

Hello! I'm new to the pc world and recently I've noticed my cpu will get pretty hot when playing simple games like ets2, it will ususually be around 67c. I was thinking that adding 2 fans to the top of my pc could help this issue; however as I'm still getting used to how a pc is built I don't know if a fans can be installed here and any help is appreciated 20200627_173057.thumb.jpg.bc85b783c975a1c90d534060aebb9612.jpg. (I have since gotten rid of the dust collecting in the image) I have an AMD Ryzen 3 2300x cpu

Don't worry about those temperatures too much, 67°C is pretty good. If you need to though, then yes, you can install fans in the top of the case using the holes that have indents around them

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

Of course you can, you'll just want to install them as exhausts in the top. But, do you have intakes in the front and/or bottom in the first place?

Also, 67C isn't that hot for a modern CPU at load.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

3 minutes ago, bengeoghegan11 said:

Don't worry about those temperatures too much, 67°C is pretty good. If you need to though, then yes, you can install fans in the top of the case using the holes that have indents around them

Ok thanks, i was only worried with the temperatures as the glass was often hot to the touch when the cpu was that at that kind of temp. Thank you for the help

4 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Of course you can, you'll just want to install them as exhausts in the top. But, do you have intakes in the front and/or bottom in the first place?

Also, 67C isn't that hot for a modern CPU at load.

Thanks for the help, i thought 67c wouldve been quite high as the pc side glass would have been hot to touch at that point. I have 3 intake front fans too. Thank you

Helps more if you tell actual case model. They have listed on product page what fans can be installed and where. Just looking, there are holes for 120/140mm fans, and sliding slots for installing radiators.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Helps more if you tell actual case model. They have listed on product page what fans can be installed and where. Just looking, there are holes for 120/140mm fans, and sliding slots for installing radiators.

Awesome, thank you for the help!