Can a 1650 super run in a 180 watt power supply

fahad00007

so i have a hp pavillion 510-p142ne and im looking to upgrade the graphics card so far the graphics card that i have is a geforce gtx 950 which takes 75 watts now as far as i know the 1650 super takes 100 watts so im not sure if it would work but the 1650 takes 75 watts so i know it will work as my computer already has a 75 watt card so just wondering can a 1650 super fit a 180 watt power supply?

180W is really low. I guess with those OEM computers theres no way to replace the power supply, right? Depends on the other components you have in your system. If you have just an ssd and a low power CPU, then maybe?

If I were you, i would ask in the shop if you can return the card at no cost in case it doesn't work or ask a friend who has similar card to make sure.

You could use a 1650 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

13 minutes ago, Martin Jones said:

180W is really low. I guess with those OEM computers theres no way to replace the power supply, right? Depends on the other components you have in your system. If you have just an ssd and a low power CPU, then maybe?

If I were you, i would ask in the shop if you can return the card at no cost in case it doesn't work or ask a friend who has similar card to make sure.

If it doesn't work he won't really have a working card to return 😁. These OEM power supplies don't take well to overload and will likely kill the system if it doesn't work and fails

On 6/27/2020 at 5:17 PM, 5x5 said:

If it doesn't work he won't really have a working card to return 😁. These OEM power supplies don't take well to overload and will likely kill the system if it doesn't work and fails

I don’t have a SSD and I’m using a intel core i7 6700T I’m just using a 2 TB SATA with 7200 RPM so maybe it might work?? 

4 hours ago, fahad00007 said:

I don’t have a SSD and I’m using a intel core i7 6700T I’m just using a 2 TB SATA with 7200 RPM so maybe it might work?? 

It will 100% not work lol. The 6700T needs 60w on its own. Add another 20 for the chipset, fans and memory, another 10 for the drive and 75 for the card and you're looking at 160W under load currently. On a shit quality power supply,.this is already on the razors edge