Anyone planning to buy high end pc

Ayush007

Hello everyone !!

I hope you all are doing well !! 

Please stay safe and healthy !!

As we all know that , we are proceeding to next gen gaming , for that we need to prepare  our self   with next gen pc stuffs like rtx , next gen processor , ssd, monitor etc.

Anyone planning to upgrade with high end pc stuffs ??

Please feel free to share comments.

My PC is plenty strong for what I want to do with it, so I have no real reason to upgrade my PC.

Plus, judging by certain reports, it seems like my PC is already as strong as the new consoles. Just maybe not exactly in the storage drive solution, but we shall see.

I was kind of planning to buy a new HDD solution, which I originally wanted to do because I feared the entire market might shift over to SMR drives; but it seems like PMR/CMR will stay relevant for at least a bit longer.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

got a 2700x and 2080.

but i get unusually low frames sometimes.

but still over 120 so i'm not complaining, but when i should be getting 300 according to other people with the same gpu.

so might end up buying an entirely new system in a year or so, which feels wierd saying out loud since my current build is only about 1 year and 7 months old.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Nope, I get 120fps average in Warzone still with my setup.  Until I cant play competitively in Online gaming there is no reason to upgrade my setup at this time.

If I do upgrade anything by the end of the year it will be the GPU in RR1 (sig), as the 2k 144hz panel on that PC is being quite under-utilized and in demanding games (like Warzone) is to many pixels for that Fury to pump out without meh frames and lowest end graphics.  Im hoping to find a 1080ti or so in price range that's affordable after Ampere drop.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

My PC is still doing fine. I'm still buying one of the flagship GPUs because i can still get more out of my display. Right now i have to choose between 1440p 120Hz or 4K 60Hz. As soon as HDMI 2.1 is a thing on GPUs i can finally unlock 4K 120Hz. And that's gonna need a lot of GPU power.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

13 minutes ago, minibois said:

My PC is plenty strong for what I want to do with it, so I have no real reason to upgrade my PC.

Plus, judging by certain reports, it seems like my PC is already as strong as the new consoles. Just maybe not exactly in the storage drive solution, but we shall see.

I was kind of planning to buy a new HDD solution, which I originally wanted to do because I feared the entire market might shift over to SMR drives; but it seems like PMR/CMR will stay relevant for at least a bit longer.

Thanx minibios,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate that.👍👍

May be you can go for ssd.

Currently people are just locked up with ssd , I used to give importance to HDD (especially WD 1TB)

But due to slow  loading time issue ,  I have to shift from HDD TO SSD. 

The one major change I was thinking of making was moving to Ryzen, mostly for upgradability reasons as performance wise I'm definitely satisfied with what I've got.

More minor changes are getting a new hard drive and/or new SSD, some new case fans and I'm still waiting for Ducky keyboards to get back in stock locally so I can upgrade that as well. I've been using my Quickfire Ultimate for about 5 years now, maybe even longer tbh I can't even really remember exactly when I got it, and I'm quite excited to try out MX Browns.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

17 minutes ago, flashiling said:

got a 2700x and 2080.

but i get unusually low frames sometimes.

but still over 120 so i'm not complaining, but when i should be getting 300 according to other people with the same gpu.

so might end up buying an entirely new system in a year or so, which feels wierd saying out loud since my current build is only about 1 year and 7 months old.

Thanx flashiling,

I appreciate it.

Quite decent powerful  stuff (depending on your requirement).

Although you can wait for an year or two and buy next gen 3080 (depending on your budget)

2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

The one major change I was thinking of making was moving to Ryzen, mostly for upgradability reasons as performance wise I'm definitely satisfied with what I've got.

More minor changes are getting a new hard drive and/or new SSD, some new case fans and I'm still waiting for Ducky keyboards to get back in stock locally so I can upgrade that as well. I've been using my Quickfire Ultimate for about 5 years now, maybe even longer tbh I can't even really remember exactly when I got it, and I'm quite excited to try out MX Browns.

I think the upgradability will be no argument for next-gen ryzen. Didn't they say that Ryzen 4000 is the last gen on AM4? I don't quite recall if thats right. As you already have a 9900K i see no reason to upgrad anytime soon :D 

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

Nope, I get 120fps average in Warzone still with my setup.  Until I cant play competitively in Online gaming there is no reason to upgrade my setup at this time.

If I do upgrade anything by the end of the year it will be the GPU in RR1 (sig), as the 2k 144hz panel on that PC is being quite under-utilized and in demanding games (like Warzone) is to many pixels for that Fury to pump out without meh frames and lowest end graphics.  Im hoping to find a 1080ti or so in price range that's affordable after Ampere drop.

Thanx Tristerin,

For sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it  .

You can go for 2080 or ti series although for 2k getting 120fps is not that hard to accomplish with these two gpu's. 

25 minutes ago, minibois said:

I don't think any games will take advantage of the faster storage for a long time, as devs still have to account for literally any other storage solution on the market.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

I think the upgradability will be no argument for next-gen ryzen. Didn't they say that Ryzen 4000 is the last gen on AM4? I don't quite recall if thats right. As you already have a 9900K i see no reason to upgrad anytime soon :D 

True, but even without taking Zen 3 into consideration, I'd have an upgrade path up to 16 cores on Ryzen, whereas on Z390 I've nowhere to go from the 9900K. 

That being said, I can't see 8C/16T CPUs getting left in the dust any time soon, so by the time I'd actually really need more threads, we might have who knows what new features present on only the newest hardware at that particular time.

Anyway, I'm far from dead set on making the move. I just think about it from time to time haha.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

17 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

My PC is still doing fine. I'm still buying one of the flagship GPUs because i can still get more out of my display. Right now i have to choose between 1440p 120Hz or 4K 60Hz. As soon as HDMI 2.1 is a thing on GPUs i can finally unlock 4K 120Hz. And that's gonna need a lot of GPU power.

Thanx Stahlmann98,

I appreciate your opinion.

Which gpu u have ??

If you want to go for 4k 120hz , don't hesitate to  buy rtx 2080 ti , in case if you want 60 fps.(major AAA titles like cyberpunk)

13 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Thanx Mateyy,

For your opinion.

You can go for Ryzen  for gaming purpose.

I May be wrong but Ryzen is quite powerful in terms of multi threading. Especially 3700x or above.

3 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Thanx Stahlmann98,

I appreciate your opinion.

Which gpu u have ??

If you want to go for 4k 120hz , don't hesitate to  buy rtx 2080 ti , in case if you want 60 fps.(major AAA titles like cyberpunk)

Currently i'm running on a GTX 1080 Ti. From what i see in benchmarks even the 2080Ti is still struggling to go over 60 fps in many AAA games. That's why i'll wait for the next gen flagship GPUs from NVIDIA or maybe consider big Navi whenever that comes out and if it's any better than a 2080. I have the feeling AMD is just too much behind if it comes to GPus atm.

14 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Currently i'm running on a GTX 1080 Ti. From what i see in benchmarks even the 2080Ti is still struggling to go over 60 fps in many AAA games. That's why i'll wait for the next gen flagship GPUs from NVIDIA or maybe consider big Navi whenever that comes out and if it's any better than a 2080. I have the feeling AMD is just too much behind if it comes to GPus atm.

I agree with your point,

Actually  the point is at what settings you play ,I mean if u play at ultra then sure 2080ti will struggle to get 60fps.

You can wait for AMD RDNA 2 OR Nvidia 3080ti series 

50 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Thanx Tristerin,

For sharing your opinion.

I appreciate it  .

You can go for 2080 or ti series although for 2k getting 120fps is not that hard to accomplish with these two gpu's. 

Agreed - but I am very price to performance minded in my purchasing (most of the time...sometimes I just get what I want even if it makes no sense) and for my use case, time actually used on PC and performance gains Im looking in the price bracket of $400 which I don't see the 2080 dropping too (if it does, Ill still get a 1080ti at closer to $300 which would be better for me - as I am VRAM limited at 4gb of HBM which is causing the most of my performance loss on both of my Ryzen rigs)

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

Agreed - but I am very price to performance minded in my purchasing (most of the time...sometimes I just get what I want even if it makes no sense) and for my use case, time actually used on PC and performance gains Im looking in the price bracket of $400 which I don't see the 2080 dropping too (if it does, Ill still get a 1080ti at closer to $300 which would be better for me - as I am VRAM limited at 4gb of HBM which is causing the most of my performance loss on both of my Ryzen rigs)

It's good that you don't waste your bucks , I have seen lot of fools who buy titan series even quadro also. Without any logic or sense 

I’m looking to get the 4900x/4950x and the 3080(ti?) next year, after I have money saved from my YT and Twitch channels. 

Id live to get the Ofdesey G9 but recording and streaming is just a pain in the ass on it so I’ll stick with a 1440p/4K 144hz monitor. 

2 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

I agree with your point,

Actually  the point is at what settings you play ,I mean if u play at ultra then sure 2080ti will struggle to get 60fps.

You can wait for AMD RDNA 2 OR Nvidia 3080ti series 

Well there's not much point in going for 4K if you don't want the best possible graphics.

2 hours ago, gloop said:

I’m looking to get the 4900x/4950x and the 3080(ti?) next year, after I have money saved from my YT and Twitch channels. 

Id live to get the Ofdesey G9 but recording and streaming is just a pain in the ass on it so I’ll stick with a 1440p/4K 144hz monitor. 

Dear Gloop,

Thanx for your opinion.

I appreciate it.

And what about next gen console ??