Onboard graphics without apu

Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
21 minutes ago, jaredr2 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get onboard graphics to work without having an apu. I have a Ryzen 3600 right now.

The "onboard graphics", ie. the iGPU, is not built in to the motherboard.  The motherboard only has the connectors for the displays, not the actual GPU-hardware; the iGPU, if there is any, is part of the CPU, so no, what you want cannot be done. You need to either buy an APU or a dGPU.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to get onboard graphics to work without having an apu. I have a Ryzen 3600 right now.

is there like an adapter I could buy or some settings that I could change to get them to work or is the only way to change out my cpu?

There is an adapter you can buy. It's called an Nvidia GeForce card, and you can put it in your PCIe slot.

Of course, this is a joke. Since there is not GPU on the CPU, you have to install a dedicated GPU. If you want great value and similar performance to a Ryzen APU, I recommend a GTX 1650 or even a 1050 Ti.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Max, 32GB RAM)

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

21 minutes ago, jaredr2 said:

The "onboard graphics", ie. the iGPU, is not built in to the motherboard.  The motherboard only has the connectors for the displays, not the actual GPU-hardware; the iGPU, if there is any, is part of the CPU, so no, what you want cannot be done. You need to either buy an APU or a dGPU.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

26 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I have a 1650 super right now. Is there no way to wire that to my motherboard in a way that gives the onboard output? I will say my graphics card output works fine.

Just now, jaredr2 said:

I have a 1650 super right now. Is there no way to wire that to my motherboard in a way that gives the onboard output?

No.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 hour ago, jaredr2 said:

have a Ryzen 3600 right now.

You can't 

It's in the silicon of the cpu , which this one does not have 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: