Custom feed, filter out comments not working

Browser, version and OS:  Not relevant

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

Create a custom feed, instead of "content items, comments, and reviews", choose "content items only".

What happened?

The setting doesn't change anything. It still shows the posts, and the comments to the posts, etc.

What did you expect to happen?

I would expect it to act like the "TOPICS" sidebar on the forums, only showing the most recent topics, not the comments to the topics.

Basically an extended variant to the "topics" sidebar.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

image.thumb.png.97af663304a759ecbc22c29e5aadc093.png

Any other relevant details:

Is it supposed to do that?

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page? 

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

:3

I'm still not sure if it's an error or if the filter option just doesn't exist for what I'm asking.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

:3

I'm still not sure if it's an error or if the filter option just doesn't exist for what I'm asking.

Yeah, but i tried making some custom feeds to make my life easier, and ran into the same problem, so let's see if that is the intended behavior for the filter, or nah.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

That filter changes it to show only the latest comment per topic, rather than every comment. I agree that's weird and not normally what you want though, and have felt this way for a while. This post has finally prompted me to look into how hard it is to change, and it should now be done.

I've created a new feed for recent topics, https://linustechtips.com/main/discover/466/, and have set it as the default default (but you can override that by clicking the ✓ on the stream that you want as default).

HTTP/2 203

Origami Cactus posted this in response to a Status Update I made about the issue. This has been a "problem" I've not said anything about for over a year.

Have to admit if I knew it would actually get traction I would have brought it up A LOT sooner. :D

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Basically an extension of the latest topics on the main page.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Origami Cactus posted this in response to a Status Update I made about the issue. This has been a "problem" I've not said anything about for over a year.

Have to admit if I knew it would actually get traction I would have brought it up A LOT sooner. :D

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Basically an extension of the latest topics on the main page.

I think it has been brought up before, but it just happened that today I had enough time and sanity to look into it, otherwise it would probably have been added to the never-ending backlog.

HTTP/2 203