Too risky to do this?

ManOfDisguise

So as some of you may already know I was downloading CPU-Z but accidently downloaded some PC scan crap instead which I quickly uninstalled but it just wont go since its still in the Task Manager. It is called antimalware and i cant end the task in taks manager(dont have permission). It is most likely fighting w my ESET antivirus. It is only on my primary PC account and the problem isnt there when i disconnect my internet connection. the problem is that every time i have logged in to my primary account now and go to desktop every 2 seconds a blue empty desktop keeps popping up whihc lasts for like 6 seconds. I am using Windows 8.1. I was told it might be a Trojan(since they try to turn of your PC which could explain the blue desktops that occur when turning off my PC too) It is using a LOT of my memory(one time went to 97% in task manager while i wasnt doing anything). Also I get a explore.exe - Application error(instruction 0x00etc. didnt reference  memory at 0x00etc. because of an I/O port)

-Some other issues this is causing me on my other account:

Only DayZ and games I download on Steam from now on work. All my other games wont launch(Rust, CSGO, Skyrim etc,) 

I cant completely free up my space in C drive(i know when i uninstalled all my games on primary account i had around 60 GB free on my SSD, now only around 43)

I cant acces my 2TB HDD(E drive).

I tried to fix it:

- tried System Restore w several restore points - always failed

- tried disabling tasks in Windows Defender - still didnt work

- tried a system32 scan through command prompt - didnt find anything

- tried a scan through ESET antivirus - didnt find anything

I have 2 possible solutions of which I dont want to do the 2nd one(too risky to do the 1st one?)

1. Delete primary account. - since the issue only happens on my primary account maybe this could resolve it completely and space would free up and maybe i could access my E drive and my games would work - NOT SURE

2. Clean reinstall of Windows 8 (dont want to go through this proccess though)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Quite the nasty little bug you have there. Try MBAM and see if that won't kill it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Other than that, I'd reinstall win8. I like to nuke everything if i can't rid my machine of a virus (never gotten anything bad though)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Quite the nasty little bug you have there. Try MBAM and see if that won't kill it.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Other than that, I'd reinstall win8. I like to nuke everything if i can't rid my machine of a virus (never gotten anything bad though)

i can do the scan on the 2nd account too and it should work? or do i have to go on the 1st account w the virus and run it there?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

First try to change ur ip address as the malware or the infection may be using an external source attacking on ur ip...so flush the dns and switch to another ip address...

- tried a scan through ESET antivirus - didnt find anything

Also get rid of that shitty antivirus and instead install good av software like bitdefender....and malwares and worms are more damaging to the system than trojans....

what makes you think that?

i have used it many times and it only blocks new sites or any new external source that is trying to connect to ur pc after its been already infected with a malware...it cant take care of the malware that is already present on ur pc...

i have used it many times and it only blocks new sites or any new external source that is trying to connect to ur pc after its been already infected with a malware...it cant take care of the malware that is already present on ur pc..

I disagree, I think you will find it is very good at its job......and if you think eset is crap and that changing your internal ip address and flushing the dns cache will help at all with antivirus or Trojans..... I would go back to where you learnt that and ask them to explain exactly how that is going to help.

Also Bitdefender is rebranded Kaspersky definitions, second hand definitions normally mean you’re behind the 8 ball on protection.

i have used it many times and it only blocks new sites or any new external source that is trying to connect to ur pc after its been already infected with a malware...it cant take care of the malware that is already present on ur pc...

Malwarebytes works just fine, its actually rated pretty well by enthusiast for good overall protection.   

OP try entering safe mode and then doing a clean sweep there. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I disagree, I think you will find it is very good at its job......and if you think eset is crap and that changing your internal ip address and flushing the dns cache will help at all with antivirus or Trojans..... I would go back to where you learnt that and ask them to explain exactly how that is going to help.

Also Bitdefender is rebranded Kaspersky definitions, second hand definitions normally mean you’re behind the 8 ball on protection.

First of all i m not talking about trojans...i m talking about malwares and r u saying that it can clean the existing malware that is on ur pc then u r wrong...and first of all correct ur information first....malwares will be connected to ur ip until u change it to a new one...and until that it is going to effect the performance of ur pc...only thing that can be done is to change the ip in this case...

Malwarebytes works just fine, its actually rated pretty well by enthusiast for good overall protection.   

OP try entering safe mode and then doing a clean sweep there. 

Facts...??? any benchmarks...??? who r these enthusiasts...??

What makes u say that...??

and good av includes both bitdefender and kaspersky, i m not saying that kaspersky isn't good but i m saying eset is not good...and use either of bitdefender or kaspersky...

What makes u say that...??

and good av includes both bitdefender and kaspersky, i m not saying that kaspersky isn't good but i m saying eset is not good...and use either of bitdefender or kaspersky...

I love how you are on here with the literacy of a 6 year old asking for facts for others statements. Yet you can't provide any yourself you can only provide bias, ignorant statements because of your misuse of the program or just ignorance in general, which ever the case.

I am not even going to argue with how wrong you are with everything you have just said. Not because I couldn't, but because your arrogance and inability to admit your wrong is going to leave my arguments futile. I suggest in the in future you do a little more research before rambling on about things which you obviously have no clue about. Have a good day.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Start your system in safe mode, not networking or anything. Run rkill. Run MalwareBytes. And run anything else you have.

First of all i m not talking about trojans...i m talking about malwares and r u saying that it can clean the existing malware that is on ur pc then u r wrong...and first of all correct ur information first....malwares will be connected to ur ip until u change it to a new one...and until that it is going to effect the performance of ur pc...only thing that can be done is to change the ip in this case...

Not to be a dick, but jeez is spelling that hard?

Facts...??? any benchmarks...??? who r these enthusiasts...??

Well for one you have people recommending it here, and two you haven't shown any proof malwarebytes is bad so why should I have to waste time digging up information that I already know the answer to? 

You obviously don't understand how malware works... you don't just change you IP to fix the problem... if that were the case everyone would just do that instead... it would be a piece of cake...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Well for one you have people recommending it here, and two you haven't shown any proof malwarebytes is bad so why should I have to waste time digging up information that I already know the answer to? 

You obviously don't understand how malware works... you don't just change you IP to fix the problem... if that were the case everyone would just do that instead... it would be a piece of cake...

Reset your router, problem solved.

/super sarcasm

Hey,

Have you ever installed bitdefender ? Sound like a similar issue i had a few months ago with the free version. After removing it and reinstalling everything was fine.

If not, could you try this first to check if the process is some malware?

In task manager right click on the process and click "Open File Location".

In the explorer window that opens check the file path. If its not a recognisable folder for an application or if the file is in your AppData folder then you most likely have malware.

Next in the task manager right-click the process and choose Properties.

In the properties window check the "Digital Signatures" tab. Most applications will have this, although some windows services don't. If the tab exists check that its signing name is reputable.

Do the same thing in the details tab. This will normally contain some information about copyright or the application description.

If it looks like malware make note of the file path and name then try this below. Please know this is not a way to 100% remove malware from your machine. It can however stop the immediate effects of malware from occurring like slow downs or some system functions not working. It could also break something important so be sure that the process / executable is some malware and not simply a malfunctioning application.

1. Copy the filename, and open Notepad.
  2. Without entering any text click File > Save as.
  3. In the "Save as Type" section Select all files.
  4. for the filename enter the malware name (including extension) for example "malware.exe"
  5. Save the file on your desktop.
  6. Reboot your computer into safe mode. (Mash F8 on your keyboard before "Windows is starting" appears, then select safe mode). If your computer boots using efi then follow the steps here to boot so safe mode:
     http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IE/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode
  7. Login with your user.
  8. Now navigate to the directory you found the file in earlier.
  9. Permanently delete the file using Shift + Delete on your keyboard and copy in the empty file you created on your desktop. Restart the computer.
  10. Do some full system scans after logging in. There will probably be other traces of the malware on your machine. But the main executable thats causing problems should not be running.

Just to re-iterate this won't remove the malware completely, but it will at least stop that main service from running long enough that you can do full system scans with a Variety of security suites. Not all anti malware and anti-virus applications are made from the same mold, So try a few (installing one at a time) to get the best possible scan.

You could also clear your temporary directories with something like cCleaner to remove anything unnecessary from your system to reduce the number of files that will be scanned. 

3 people including u recommended so u r saying that...i m not saying that changing ur ip will fix the malware problem but it will certainly disconnect the external source to which the malware in ur pc is connected to mate....understand what i m trying to say...

I love how you are on here with the literacy of a 6 year old asking for facts for others statements. Yet you can't provide any yourself you can only provide bias, ignorant statements because of your misuse of the program or just ignorance in general, which ever the case.

I am not even going to argue with how wrong you are with everything you have just said. Not because I couldn't, but because your arrogance and inability to admit your wrong is going to leave my arguments futile. I suggest in the in future you do a little more research before rambling on about things which you obviously have no clue about. Have a good day.

I m not biased, but i m saying that i rely on benchmarks or performance scores and i think almost everyone here on this forum does that...and that what i asking...if u r saying that this av is good or bad then on what bases...m not rambling i saw benchmarks then only m saying...n will be happy to send u the link...ur words cant prove anything about the argument nor can u with just saying "How Wrong You Are"...

If u think i was being arrogant, i was seriously not mate... :)  

"only thing that can be done is to change the ip in this case..." you wrote that yourself.... 

3 people including u recommended so u r saying that...i m not saying that changing ur ip will fix the malware problem but it will certainly disconnect the external source to which the malware in ur pc is connected to mate....understand what i m trying to say...

You literally just said the only thing can be done is to change the ip in this case.... just cuz you cut off the connection the malware has to the external source doesn't mean it can't connect back to it again in a short time period... 

Maybe if your grammar was more understandable we could actually understand what your saying, but from what we were able to garner from your posts we don't think your accurate... 

I m not biased, but i m saying that i rely on benchmarks or performance scores and i think almost everyone here on this forum does that...and that what i asking...if u r saying that this av is good or bad then on what bases...m not rambling i saw benchmarks then only m saying...n will be happy to send u the link...ur words cant prove anything about the argument nor can u with just saying "How Wrong You Are"...

If u think i was being arrogant, i was seriously not mate... :)  

Show us these "benchmarks and performance scores" then we'll talk... 

Grab malewarebytes off of a usb and then boot windows into safe mode (Safe mode only loads the basic drivers). Then plugin your USB drive and install then run malewarebytes

"only thing that can be done is to change the ip in this case..." you wrote that yourself.... 

You literally just said the only thing can be done is to change the ip in this case.... just cuz you cut off the connection the malware has to the external source doesn't mean it can't connect back to it again in a short time period... 

Maybe if your grammar was more understandable we actually understand what your saying, but from were about to garner from your posts we don't think your accurate... 

Show us these "benchmarks and performance scores" then we'll talk... 

Understanding something requires brain...and for coming to a conclusion requires correct information that one must have...and u r short on both...so cant argue more...