Quick question

Go to solution Solved by TVwazhere,
37 minutes ago, codermagic56 said:

Also if I were to get a 360mm radiator instead of the 240mm, what's the best lit and reliable one?

They're all about the same reliability, but notably Deepcool has had issues with some RADs in the past (I believe the V2's are good though). I dont dabble in RGB that much so I couldnt tell you. 

The best configuration is generally "neutral" or "slightly positive" airflow meaning either the amount of air coming in is the same or slightly greater than the air coming out. This is NOT a function of just "fan RPM" but CFM or m3/h (which are measurements of how much you can move a volume of something, in this case air.) The rad fans TF120 S according to amazon) are 64.4cfm with no resistance, and the TD500 fans seem to be about 59CFM

image.png.e6c85d0da6f1cad751386a8b0b7c7418.png

http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/CASEFAN/2019-08/1289_11807.shtml

image.png.2be1a9ace1e27fa9fbefaa7a3d2bdc0a.png

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-mf120r-argb/#Specifications

So on paper, put the RAD in the front, move the three front ARGB fans to the top, and spin the exhaust fans a bit slower (since 4 fans @59cfm is more than 3 fans @ 64) to get neutral or slightly positive airflow. From there, experiment a bit to see what fan speed works best for your temps (both CPU and GPU)

Quick question: Can I get the 240 Pro V2 from DEEPCOOL, stick it on the top of the TD500 Mesh and also get an extra 120mm fan and put that on top as well?

Also, what case fan matches the fans on the 240 pro?

13 hours ago, codermagic56 said:

stick it on the top of the TD500 Mesh and also get an extra 120mm fan and put that on top as well

From the looks of it, yes

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

15 hours ago, codermagic56 said:

Quick question: Can I get the 240 Pro V2 from DEEPCOOL, stick it on the top of the TD500 Mesh and also get an extra 120mm fan and put that on top as well?

Yes. You'd have to mount the fans to the case first and then the fans to the radiator, so the fan lighting would not be visible from inside the case, only the top.

So from top to bottom.

Mounting Rails

Fans

Radiator

There's likely not enough space to mount the rad to the rails and then add a 3rd 120mm fans to the front because the end tanks on the 240mm rad extend further out, taking up room for the 3rd fan. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Yes. You'd have to mount the fans to the case first and then the fans to the radiator, so the fan lighting would not be visible from inside the case, only the top.

I actually don't know the best configuration. I am using a 3-pack of some Deepcool CF 120s, with the three fans in the front of the TD500 Mesh and the AIO and one in the exhaust port, what's the best configuration for best airflow and temps? Also if I were to get a 360mm radiator instead of the 240mm, what's the best lit and reliable one? Thanks! I am doing a heck ton of research on my PC before buying. 

37 minutes ago, codermagic56 said:

Also if I were to get a 360mm radiator instead of the 240mm, what's the best lit and reliable one?

They're all about the same reliability, but notably Deepcool has had issues with some RADs in the past (I believe the V2's are good though). I dont dabble in RGB that much so I couldnt tell you. 

The best configuration is generally "neutral" or "slightly positive" airflow meaning either the amount of air coming in is the same or slightly greater than the air coming out. This is NOT a function of just "fan RPM" but CFM or m3/h (which are measurements of how much you can move a volume of something, in this case air.) The rad fans TF120 S according to amazon) are 64.4cfm with no resistance, and the TD500 fans seem to be about 59CFM

image.png.e6c85d0da6f1cad751386a8b0b7c7418.png

http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/CASEFAN/2019-08/1289_11807.shtml

image.png.2be1a9ace1e27fa9fbefaa7a3d2bdc0a.png

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/case-fan/masterfan-mf120r-argb/#Specifications

So on paper, put the RAD in the front, move the three front ARGB fans to the top, and spin the exhaust fans a bit slower (since 4 fans @59cfm is more than 3 fans @ 64) to get neutral or slightly positive airflow. From there, experiment a bit to see what fan speed works best for your temps (both CPU and GPU)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25