LAST OF US 2 (WORTH IT OR NOT)

Ayush007
Go to solution Solved by eikast,

So I beat it yesterday (with all of the collectibles), it took me about 24 hours or so (I used some guides for the collectibles). I like many heard of the leaks then I viewed them and was angry. After a couple of weeks I decided that I would check out the game and preordered it (after I told my wife that I wouldn't get it). I can say that I honestly loved the game. I'm not going to spoil anything but the leaks were wrong about the ending of the game (the footage that they showed was in the game but it was NOT the ending). The ending does have some sort of closure but I feel like some people may not like it. So there are two groups of people that are hating on the game without even playing it

1) People that hate what the leaks show about the game in terms of the story (mainly what happens to certain characters, etc.). For these people, I can recommend playing it but keep an open mind finish playing through the game. 

2) People that hate the idea of there being a lesbian main character, trans npc, and a very muscular female character... I don't see how these people would like the game. But tbh I don't think that they were even serious about getting the game (Ellie was always a lesbian and it was a focus of the left behind dlc). People who think this way tend to bash other games too such as Wolfenstein New Colossus for pushing "SJW agenda" because the player in that game is trying to take America back from Nazi control /shrug.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:30 AM, JZStudios said:

Ah, the old addage. "People are either racist/homophobic if they don't like the game, or are just too upset that things happen."

Aside from everything else garbage about the game that's a perfectly valid reason for not liking it. This is willfully disingenuous. The story sucks, the game blatantly uses cheap "tactics" to try and force emotions, negative consequences only really apply to one party, not both, thus invalidating the entire point of the game. Aging combat systems that were old when the first game released. TERRIBLE dialogue, arbitrarily contrived character decisions at every step of the way, plot holes you could drive a cruise liner through, stupid teen drama the first game ridiculed, the list goes on.

If you like it, fine. You might be easily manipulated. But let's not pretend like people only dislike it because they're against the agenda (Which is still a valid reason, the cast is impossibly diverse and there's people in these groups that don't appreciate it) or because thing happens to Joel. I immediately lost interest when the game opens on "Ooh, Ellie kissed Dina! DRAMA!!!" Time for a bigot sandwich. It's fucking dumb. I don't care if Ellie kissed Dina or Jesse or whoever. This is a game that just forgets there's an apocalypse happening constantly and so these dipshits find a hidden weed growing operation... which why the hell is it hidden? Is the fuzz going to come in and do a bust? Anyways they find some weed, take 3 puffs, and then have sex. And then some cheesy, shitty dialogue. WOO! Great storytelling, I've never seen MTV "reality shows" before.

Also, no, that's not why people disliked the New Order. Also willfully disingenuous.

wow lol. You have issues my friend. I clearly said
"So there are two groups of people that are hating on the game without even playing it" (keyword WITHOUT)

then went on and mentioned people who loved the first game (didn't explicitly mention this but it was implied) but hated the leaks because of 

1) What happens to a character from the first game

2) That you play as another character that you have no interest in and that they're clearly trans (which wasn't the case at all)

3) Not only do you play as that character but you are hunting another beloved character from the first game (not true at all)

4) The ending (not going to go into it since OP hasn't played it but the leaks were wrong about the ending too). 

Then mentioned that there are people that just don't like the idea of LGBT content. I never called them racist or homophobic (you did lol). Other than those two groups there is no logical reason why a person would hate on this game WITHOUT playing it. Sure, someone can play it and just not like it (that's fine and many didn't like the first game) but someone can't say that "oh the gameplay sucked" without ever playing the game or "oh the story sucks" (the leaks were a little deceiving about the story which is why I am glad that I actually played through the game) without actually going through the whole story. 

"But let's not pretend like people only dislike it because they're against the agenda (Which is still a valid reason, the cast is impossibly diverse and there's people in these groups that don't appreciate it) or because thing happens to Joel."

Give me another reason why someone may not like the game WITHOUT ever playing it? I never said that people who disliked the game AFTER playing it fall within those two groups because clearly they have experienced the game and are able to form their own opinion.

"the cast is impossibly diverse" 

Dude, what are you rambling on about? There were more white characters than there were non-white characters. There were more straight people than there were LGBT people (there were only 3 LGBT characters). You make it sound like white people died off in the game and heterosexuality is forbidden lmfao. 

1 hour ago, eikast said:

"So there are two groups of people that are hating on the game without even playing it" (keyword WITHOUT)

then went on and mentioned people who loved the first game (didn't explicitly mention this but it was implied) but hated the leaks because of 

2) That you play as another character that you have no interest in and that they're clearly trans (which wasn't the case at all)

3) Not only do you play as that character but you are hunting another beloved character from the first game (not true at all)

4) The ending (not going to go into it since OP hasn't played it but the leaks were wrong about the ending too). 

Then mentioned that there are people that just don't like the idea of LGBT content. I never called them racist or homophobic (you did lol). Other than those two groups there is no logical reason why a person would hate on this game WITHOUT playing it. Sure, someone can play it and just not like it (that's fine and many didn't like the first game) but someone can't say that "oh the gameplay sucked" without ever playing the game or "oh the story sucks" (the leaks were a little deceiving about the story which is why I am glad that I actually played through the game) without actually going through the whole story. 

"But let's not pretend like people only dislike it because they're against the agenda (Which is still a valid reason, the cast is impossibly diverse and there's people in these groups that don't appreciate it) or because thing happens to Joel."

Give me another reason why someone may not like the game WITHOUT ever playing it? I never said that people who disliked the game AFTER playing it fall within those two groups because clearly they have experienced the game and are able to form their own opinion.

Dude, what are you rambling on about? There were more white characters than there were non-white characters. There were more straight people than there were LGBT people (there were only 3 LGBT characters). You make it sound like white people died off in the game and heterosexuality is forbidden lmfao. 

Oh, okay.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, eikast said:

On a more serious response, the "You have issues" is highly unnecessary. You have issues if you think anything about this games story is worthwhile.

The key word WITHOUT means literally nothing. People can watch it, see reviews, read synopses, etc. and form an opinion without playing it, just like anyone else who decides not to buy any other game. That's why I ignored it. It's a comment that is willfully disingenuous.

1. People who HAVE played the game still dislike that. It has literally nothing to do with playing it or not, or whether or not it's simply a plot device, which it is.
  2. This was false marketing, and people that HAVE played the game still dislike it. Once again has nothing to do whether or not they played it, or if it's another plot device. Which it is. As to being trans, no, not explicitly. But that kind of muscle structure and body build is very difficult for a man to acquire and maintain. Much less a woman in the apocalypse. She straight looks like a dude. People calling her trans shouldn't be surprising.
  3. There's definitely areas where you are "hunting another beloved character." So, saying it's not true at all is a straight lie.
  4. I don't remember what the leaked ending was, but the actual ending is fucking stupid, so what's the difference? 
1 hour ago, eikast said:

"People that hate the idea of there being a lesbian main character, trans npc, and a very muscular female character..."

Tomato tomahtoe.

And once again, there's plenty of valid reasons for people who haven't played it to dislike it. Similarly, you can tell a movie sucks without having to watch the entire thing in a theater.

1 hour ago, eikast said:

I made a post earlier with roughly 12 valid reasons to dislike the game. Reference that. If my buddy tells me a movie (or game) sucks, then I know what he likes and dislikes, and can form my own opinion and give it a pass. He often asks me for game recommendations. Reviews being a buying guideline aren't suddenly a new thing. There's constants between both positive and negative reviews, thus you can determine they're rather objective. Things like saying the gameplay is pretty much identical to the first game, which you can also tell by watching footage.

1 hour ago, eikast said:

"there were only 3 LGBT characters"

Not diverse. Kay.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

On a more serious response, the "You have issues" is highly unnecessary. You have issues if you think anything about this games story is worthwhile.

The key word WITHOUT means literally nothing. People can watch it, see reviews, read synopses, etc. and form an opinion without playing it, just like anyone else who decides not to buy any other game. That's why I ignored it. It's a comment that is willfully disingenuous.

1. People who HAVE played the game still dislike that. It has literally nothing to do with playing it or not, or whether or not it's simply a plot device, which it is.
  2. This was false marketing, and people that HAVE played the game still dislike it. Once again has nothing to do whether or not they played it, or if it's another plot device. Which it is. As to being trans, no, not explicitly. But that kind of muscle structure and body build is very difficult for a man to acquire and maintain. Much less a woman in the apocalypse. She straight looks like a dude. People calling her trans shouldn't be surprising.
  3. There's definitely areas where you are "hunting another beloved character." So, saying it's not true at all is a straight lie.
  4. I don't remember what the leaked ending was, but the actual ending is fucking stupid, so what's the difference? 

"People that hate the idea of there being a lesbian main character, trans npc, and a very muscular female character..."

Tomato tomahtoe.

And once again, there's plenty of valid reasons for people who haven't played it to dislike it. Similarly, you can tell a movie sucks without having to watch the entire thing in a theater.

I made a post earlier with roughly 12 valid reasons to dislike the game. Reference that. If my buddy tells me a movie (or game) sucks, then I know what he likes and dislikes, and can form my own opinion and give it a pass. He often asks me for game recommendations. Reviews being a buying guideline aren't suddenly a new thing. There's constants between both positive and negative reviews, thus you can determine they're rather objective. Things like saying the gameplay is pretty much identical to the first game, which you can also tell by watching footage.

"there were only 3 LGBT characters"

Not diverse. Kay.

Oh, my "You have issues" comment was highly unnecessary? How about your "If you like it, fine. You might be easily manipulated" 

Oh but it's ok if you go out and make snarky and rude comments against others but when it's about you then it's off the table.

It's a video game, some people will love it, some will like it, some will hate it, and some will not care for it. You seem to have an issue with understanding that many things in life are heavily opinionated, especially when it comes to things such as movies, books, and especially video games. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine. The OP was asking what other people's opinion of the game is and I gave mine. I also made sure to chime in on why the game was tanked with negative user reviews when the game was just released (within hours). Just because you disliked the game doesn't mean that the game was awful and just because I enjoyed the game doesn't mean that the game was GOTY.

"The key word WITHOUT means literally nothing. People can watch it, see reviews, read synopses, etc. and form an opinion without playing it, just like anyone else who decides not to buy any other game. That's why I ignored it. It's a comment that is willfully disingenuous." 

It actually does mean something when someone else is using it to explain something. The world doesn't revolve around you, you cannot simply ignore words that others use because it can change the narrative of what they're trying to say. Narcissist much? Yeah if people invest the time to watch someone else play a video game then sure, their opinion of the story is relevant to others. 

"People who HAVE played the game still dislike that. It has literally nothing to do with playing it or not, or whether or not it's simply a plot device, which it is."

And there are people who HAVE played the game and enjoyed it. So what's your point?

"This was false marketing, and people that HAVE played the game still dislike it. Once again has nothing to do whether or not they played it, or if it's another plot device. Which it is. As to being trans, no, not explicitly. But that kind of muscle structure and body build is very difficult for a man to acquire and maintain. Much less a woman in the apocalypse. She straight looks like a dude. People calling her trans shouldn't be surprising."

False marketing? Dude what are you on lmfao? It's a video game, not a new phone that is missing something that was part of a commercial. Did MGS 2 market Raiden? We all knew that we would be playing as Ellie in Part II (ever since they announced the game back in 2015 if I'm not mistaken). And if you play the game then you will see what motivated them to be that muscular (because 4 years earlier she wasn't like that, and 1 year after the second part of the game she wasn't like that). She's muscular but she's nothing compared to a modern day female muscle builder. I agree that it would be very difficult but not impossible. 

"There's definitely areas where you are "hunting another beloved character." So, saying it's not true at all is a straight lie." 

lol. You're talking about a 10-15 minute portion of a 17-24 hour video game. With the leaks people were saying that the main focus of 7-10 hours of the game was to hunt the other character. 

"I don't remember what the leaked ending was, but the actual ending is fucking stupid, so what's the difference? " 

When people spoke of the leak they said that the ending of the game was the ending of Part II. That's your opinion. 

"I made a post earlier with roughly 12 valid reasons to dislike the game. Reference that. If my buddy tells me a movie (or game) sucks, then I know what he likes and dislikes, and can form my own opinion and give it a pass. He often asks me for game recommendations. Reviews being a buying guideline aren't suddenly a new thing. There's constants between both positive and negative reviews, thus you can determine they're rather objective. Things like saying the gameplay is pretty much identical to the first game, which you can also tell by watching footage."

Good for you and your buddy. But you two probably expect the other to have experienced the movie/game before telling each other that it sucks. The first game sold very well and was highly praised. I am not sure why anyone thought that the gameplay would change so much. They added new stuff and they made refinements but they're not going to completely change it up like how Capcom did with RE7 (because 5 was meh and 6 was shit and they desperately needed to do something to switch it up). 

Anyway, i'm done with this discussion. My original post was genuine and did not attack any other person's post/views/opinion of the game. To each their own. 

I have talked to at least dozen people that are at various points in the game.  Not a single one of them has dislike it.  Around half of them are not liking it as much as the first one, but are liking it for what it is.  The store where I work will allow members to use a satisfaction guarantee to exchange a game that sucks or that they finish, and so far no one has done so with TLOU2.

Anecdotal evidence sure, but this thread seems heavy on anecdotal evidence.  As for actual reviews, be actual reviewers, it has 100 positive reviews, 6 mixed, and no negative.  With an overall score of 94.  That sounds like a pretty shitty game to me.  And no, don't bring up user reviews, because we all know how easy those are to manipulate.  It has been user review bombed in both directions, massively.

20 hours ago, SolarNova said:

ROFLMAO.

Shad just posted an epic vid. Honestly didnt expect him to make a vid on it tbh, not really what his channel is about ..but still ..how the hell does he keep a straight face :P

LOL!!

IN FACT I want to share one

incident which  recently happened with me !!

I was curious to know the review of this title , watching on gamespot , later  on I recognize I was watching spoiler review , so i immediately close the video.

I hope i m not too late , when  i  watch ellie enter in a room  where abby was hitting joel with golf stick , i immedialty close the video.

I wish it's not the climax scene.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞?????

Here have a look 👇👇👇👇

IMG-20200626-WA0017.jpg

4 hours ago, Warin said:

I have talked to at least dozen people that are at various points in the game.  Not a single one of them has dislike it.  Around half of them are not liking it as much as the first one, but are liking it for what it is.  The store where I work will allow members to use a satisfaction guarantee to exchange a game that sucks or that they finish, and so far no one has done so with TLOU2.

Anecdotal evidence sure, but this thread seems heavy on anecdotal evidence.  As for actual reviews, be actual reviewers, it has 100 positive reviews, 6 mixed, and no negative.  With an overall score of 94.  That sounds like a pretty shitty game to me.  And no, don't bring up user reviews, because we all know how easy those are to manipulate.  It has been user review bombed in both directions, massively.

Thanx Warin ,

For sharing your review with us.

I appreciate it 👍👍👍👍👍👍

In FACT what I assume is people who saw leaks or heard bad review  from another ppl are not liking  this title due to psychological matter.

7 hours ago, eikast said:

Oh, my "You have issues" comment was highly unnecessary? How about your "If you like it, fine. You might be easily manipulated" 

Oh but it's ok if you go out and make snarky and rude comments against others but when it's about you then it's off the table.

It's a video game, some people will love it, some will like it, some will hate it, and some will not care for it. You seem to have an issue with understanding that many things in life are heavily opinionated, especially when it comes to things such as movies, books, and especially video games. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine. The OP was asking what other people's opinion of the game is and I gave mine. I also made sure to chime in on why the game was tanked with negative user reviews when the game was just released (within hours). Just because you disliked the game doesn't mean that the game was awful and just because I enjoyed the game doesn't mean that the game was GOTY.

"The key word WITHOUT means literally nothing. People can watch it, see reviews, read synopses, etc. and form an opinion without playing it, just like anyone else who decides not to buy any other game. That's why I ignored it. It's a comment that is willfully disingenuous." 

It actually does mean something when someone else is using it to explain something. The world doesn't revolve around you, you cannot simply ignore words that others use because it can change the narrative of what they're trying to say. Narcissist much? Yeah if people invest the time to watch someone else play a video game then sure, their opinion of the story is relevant to others. 

"People who HAVE played the game still dislike that. It has literally nothing to do with playing it or not, or whether or not it's simply a plot device, which it is."

And there are people who HAVE played the game and enjoyed it. So what's your point?

"This was false marketing, and people that HAVE played the game still dislike it. Once again has nothing to do whether or not they played it, or if it's another plot device. Which it is. As to being trans, no, not explicitly. But that kind of muscle structure and body build is very difficult for a man to acquire and maintain. Much less a woman in the apocalypse. She straight looks like a dude. People calling her trans shouldn't be surprising."

False marketing? Dude what are you on lmfao? It's a video game, not a new phone that is missing something that was part of a commercial. Did MGS 2 market Raiden? We all knew that we would be playing as Ellie in Part II (ever since they announced the game back in 2015 if I'm not mistaken). And if you play the game then you will see what motivated them to be that muscular (because 4 years earlier she wasn't like that, and 1 year after the second part of the game she wasn't like that). She's muscular but she's nothing compared to a modern day female muscle builder. I agree that it would be very difficult but not impossible. 

"There's definitely areas where you are "hunting another beloved character." So, saying it's not true at all is a straight lie." 

lol. You're talking about a 10-15 minute portion of a 17-24 hour video game. With the leaks people were saying that the main focus of 7-10 hours of the game was to hunt the other character. 

"I don't remember what the leaked ending was, but the actual ending is fucking stupid, so what's the difference? " 

When people spoke of the leak they said that the ending of the game was the ending of Part II. That's your opinion. 

"I made a post earlier with roughly 12 valid reasons to dislike the game. Reference that. If my buddy tells me a movie (or game) sucks, then I know what he likes and dislikes, and can form my own opinion and give it a pass. He often asks me for game recommendations. Reviews being a buying guideline aren't suddenly a new thing. There's constants between both positive and negative reviews, thus you can determine they're rather objective. Things like saying the gameplay is pretty much identical to the first game, which you can also tell by watching footage."

Good for you and your buddy. But you two probably expect the other to have experienced the movie/game before telling each other that it sucks. The first game sold very well and was highly praised. I am not sure why anyone thought that the gameplay would change so much. They added new stuff and they made refinements but they're not going to completely change it up like how Capcom did with RE7 (because 5 was meh and 6 was shit and they desperately needed to do something to switch it up). 

Anyway, i'm done with this discussion. My original post was genuine and did not attack any other person's post/views/opinion of the game. To each their own. 

Thanx ekiast,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate your explanation which is actually quite logical and practical.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

What's your personal review , I mean pros and cons ??

4 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

I wish it's not the climax scene.🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞?????

NO , its within roughly the 1st  2 hours.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Nope, you are nitpicking and biased. I win, bye bye.

Pot, meet kettle.

12 hours ago, Warin said:

Pot, meet kettle.

Joke

Your head

#Muricaparrotgang

I thought the game was amazing, not perfect though.  

If people have issues with the character development, pacing or length i think that they have some valid points but i really don't understand why people are getting so pissy about the presence of gay people, like who gives a fuck?  It's not like you're running through the whole game preaching gay rights and carrying a multicolored gay pride flag or anything, it's barely discussed. 

It just comes off like a racist person getting angry about black people making their way into a TV show or movie series that they previously loved but now hate because it has an "agenda". 

7 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

If people have issues with the character development, pacing or length i think that they have some valid points but i really don't understand why people are getting so pissy about the presence of gay people, like who gives a fuck?  It's not like you're running through the whole game preaching gay rights and carrying a multicolored gay pride flag or anything, it's barely discussed. 

It just comes off like a racist person getting angry about black people making their way into a TV show or movie series that they previously loved but now hate because it has an "agenda". 

Thanx Totallycasual,

For sharing your opinion with us.

I appreciate it.👍👍👍

I agree wid ur point.

Although what I think , the major issue are leaks / spoilers.

On 6/27/2020 at 4:12 PM, Totallycasual said:

I have yet to see anyone actually criticize the game because there's gay people in it.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I have yet to see anyone actually criticize the game because there's gay people in it.

You mustn't get get around the internet much then, pretty much any majorly critical post on the game in various gaming subs on Reddit touched on the whole gay/trans "woke" agenda bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Totallycasual said:

You mustn't get get around the internet much then, pretty much any majorly critical post on the game in various gaming subs on Reddit touched on the whole gay/trans "woke" agenda bullshit. 

I've been looking at a decent number of reviews on Youtube and the comments there. Reddit and 4chan is always a cesspool of garbage and "memes." The only time I touch Reddit is to ask specific questions about very certain things.

*Edit, in any case, from what I have seen from that was more about Abby looking like a trans, which she does. She also has a melee move that's straight God of War, so I might just start calling her Kratos.

#Muricaparrotgang

A common defense of the game is to attack the critics as ists, isms, and phobes. A weak argument, one used a lot by the access media and certain 'people' on social media.

While the Wokeness, and all that it entails, is ONE of the issues (and rightly shouldnt be ignored just because its 'problematic' to some people), the BIGGEST issues, are to do with the story and change in characteristics of the original characters. not to mention the structuring of the game & story and timing of certain sequences.... and the 'fake' choices..lack of choices of certain actions, and then being preached at by the game as to how bad those acts were.....could go on,, but its been reviewed to death at this point.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 6/30/2020 at 8:15 AM, JZStudios said:

I've been looking at a decent number of reviews on Youtube and the comments there. Reddit and 4chan is always a cesspool of garbage and "memes." The only time I touch Reddit is to ask specific questions about very certain things.

*Edit, in any case, from what I have seen from that was more about Abby looking like a trans, which she does. She also has a melee move that's straight God of War, so I might just start calling her Kratos.

I may be wrong but acc.to me ppl who have watched spoiler / leaks are quite disappointed, ppl who arn't aware of leaks  are quite satisfied with game performance. 

What's  ur opinion , should I go for it !?

1 minute ago, Ayush007 said:

I may be wrong but acc.to me ppl who have watched spoiler / leaks are quite disappointed, ppl who arn't aware of leaks  are quite satisfied with game performance. 

I wouldn't recommend buying it, if you really want to know the story watch someone play through it.

18 hours ago, SolarNova said:

A common defense of the game is to attack the critics as ists, isms, and phobes. A weak argument, one used a lot by the access media and certain 'people' on social media.

While the Wokeness, and all that it entails, is ONE of the issues (and rightly shouldnt be ignored just because its 'problematic' to some people), the BIGGEST issues, are to do with the story and change in characteristics of the original characters. not to mention the structuring of the game & story and timing of certain sequences.... and the 'fake' choices..lack of choices of certain actions, and then being preached at by the game as to how bad those acts were.....could go on,, but its been reviewed to death at this point.

So in case if you ended the title , whts your experience , do u regret about it or satisfied ??

2 minutes ago, gloop said:

I wouldn't recommend buying it, if you really want to know the story watch someone play through it.

Den how should I spend my time in quarantine, !?😅😅

3 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

I think the story telling and pacing is really poorly done, there's lots of plot holes, the script is awful (Ellie and Co. talk like millennial California valley girls) and has a lot of very forced emotional manipulation, which only works if you're easily manipulated and gullible. There's also lot's of streamers and let's players that skipped the leaks and still hate it.

What happens to a lead character doesn't exactly bother me. It's the only way the story could work. What bothers me is how bad the dialogue and how stupid the plot and characters are up to that point. And then the game does a bunch of flashbacks, so characters will reference things and you have no idea what they're talking about, or they'll mention something that happened hours before that you've already forgotten about. The ironic thing is that the story would actually be much better if they told it in a straight linear fashion, so maybe you'd get to care about these characters. There's also just... the initial cause for revenge is the death of a certain person, who's just a piece of shit. Just fucking awful, and it make it feel dumber. They also took the ambiguous ending of the first game, and threw it in the trash.

It's hard to discuss why it's bad without spoilers. Let's just say I actually bought a PS4 for 6 games, 4 of which are on or coming to PC, and one I didn't like as much as the prequel, which is now on PC. The Last of Us 2 was my last reason to have bought a PS4, and I'm hugely disappointed. I may as well just sell my PS4 entirely at this point.

Did you play the first game?

#Muricaparrotgang

I think the story telling and pacing is really poorly done, there's lots of plot holes, the script is awful (Ellie and Co. talk like millennial California valley girls) and has a lot of very forced emotional manipulation, which only works if you're easily manipulated and gullible. There's also lot's of streamers and let's players that skipped the leaks and still hate it.

What happens to a lead character doesn't exactly bother me. It's the only way the story could work. What bothers me is how bad the dialogue and how stupid the plot and characters are up to that point. And then the game does a bunch of flashbacks, so characters will reference things and you have no idea what they're talking about, or they'll mention something that happened hours before that you've already forgotten about. The ironic thing is that the story would actually be much better if they told it in a straight linear fashion, so maybe you'd get to care about these characters. There's also just... the initial cause for revenge is the death of a certain person, who's just a piece of shit. Just fucking awful, and it make it feel dumber. They also took the ambiguous ending of the first game, and threw it in the trash.

It's hard to discuss why it's bad without spoilers. Let's just say I actually bought a PS4 for 6 games, 4 of which are on or coming to PC, and one I didn't like as much as the prequel, which is now on PC. The Last of Us 2 was my last reason to have bought a PS4, and I'm hugely disappointed. I may as well just sell my PS4 entirely at this point.

Did you play the first game?

Thanx  for explainig so beautifully and logically.

Your explanation is quite logical and practical.

I appreciate it 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Bdw I have played first part !!

Heres why I'm not buying the game. 

Btw I enjoyed the first game. I thought that story was really good. It showed me the story of a broken man who 15 years later becomes a father again even when he is trying to fight it the whole time. 

I'm not a fan of TLOU2 storyline because it just went all over the place for me. I watched a stream and I felt like I got more of Abby's story rather than Ellie's story. Theres way too many flashbacks, while I think the story between Joel and Ellie is good, I just wish they could have told in a way that didn't require flashbacks. That would allow the player to grow an even deeper relationship with Joel, making is killing even more meaningful than it already was. Then instead of playing as Abby, you can hate her even more.

Also I'm not a fan of sex scenes. The one with Abby and Owen made no sense to me.

All of that said, this game was a beautiful game. The characters are looking more and more real as video games evolve. The scenes Naughty Dog makes are beautiful as usual. Its a masterpiece graphically.