Best 500+ watt PSU

Reaper814

Hello, I was wandering what was the best 500+ watt PSU there is with a 4+4 Pin Cpu cable and 2x 6+2 PCIE cables. I have a budget of around 50$-60$.

2 minutes ago, Reaper814 said:

50$-60$.

thats a rough budget mate, would spend more for the PSU.

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Just now, Oswin said:

thats a rough budget mate, would spend more for the PSU.

paid less for my cpu ngl

3 minutes ago, Reaper814 said:

Hello, I was wandering what was the best 500+ watt PSU there is with a 4+4 Pin Cpu cable and 2x 6+2 PCIE cables. I have a budget of around 50$-60$.

If you haven't already consulted the PSU Tier list on these forums, I'd highly recommend starting there. Since a PSU powers everything in your system, you don't want to skimp on the quality, which might mean saving up a bit more money to get something decent the first time.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

If you haven't already consulted the PSU Tier list on these forums, I'd highly recommend starting there. Since a PSU powers everything in your system, you don't want to skimp on the quality, which might mean saving up a bit more money to get something decent the first time.

Thanks for the directions!

your best bet in that budget is probably the evga BR 450w,

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xDMwrH/evga-br-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-100-br-0450-k1

but would save up more to get a better unit with a higher wattage

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

your best bet in that budget is probably the evga BR 450w,

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xDMwrH/evga-br-450w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-100-br-0450-k1

but would save up more to get a better unit with a higher wattage

actually was just looking at some close relavtives of that on newegg. Was kind of lost with the different models so thanks for the suggestion.

39 minutes ago, Reaper814 said:

actually was just looking at some close relavtives of that on newegg. Was kind of lost with the different models so thanks for the suggestion.

Do not buy EVGA W1 or BR/BQ models. They're not good for what you pay. A Corsair CX 550 or Be Quiet System Power 9 is what you want. The SeaSonic S12III is also an option.

1 hour ago, Reaper814 said:

would strongly suggest to save up for a better unit though

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

13 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Do not buy EVGA W1 or BR/BQ models. They're not good for what you pay. A Corsair CX 550 or Be Quiet System Power 9 is what you want. The SeaSonic S12III is also an option.

What about a EVGA KR model?

5 minutes ago, Reaper814 said:

What about a EVGA KR model?

Nevermind the one I was looking at was a W1

1 hour ago, Reaper814 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gt22FT/be-quiet-pure-power-11-cm-400-w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-bn296

This is too costly for now, honestly, you probably need to wait a while for stock to return, you should be able to get some decent offerings once stock returns, like a cx550 or CV650

2 hours ago, Reaper814 said:

Yeah, don't buy that. We've had multiple people who have reported W1 destroying their systems upon failure on the forum

found a cx 600m on ebay for 60$ with shipping. The guy said that it ran great except the fan had a busted bearing making it loud. But i have seen tutorials on youtube for replacing cx 600m fans.

2 hours ago, Reaper814 said:

found a cx 600m on ebay for 60$ with shipping. The guy said that it ran great except the fan had a busted bearing making it loud. But i have seen tutorials on youtube for replacing cx 600m fans.

Do NOT buy that. The CX600 is a green label CX. They are terrible. O Lt grey CC models are ok

3 hours ago, Reaper814 said:

$60!?!? $60 for an old PSU with a broken fan that only cost $70 back when it was brand new!? You probably could have got it for $60 on sale back in 2013. Tell him he's dreaming! Let some other sucker waste their money on that junk.

5 hours ago, 5x5 said:

We've had multiple people who have reported W1 destroying their systems upon failure on the forum

Source?

21 hours ago, 5x5 said:

The EVGA BR and BQ aren't that bad. I would rather a BQ than a System Power 9 or S12iii. Pre-COVID shortages the EVGA BQ500 could be had for around $55-$60 which is pretty reasonably priced.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

$60!?!? $60 for an old PSU with a broken fan that only cost $70 back when it was brand new!? You probably could have got it for $60 on sale back in 2013. Tell him he's dreaming! Let some other sucker waste their money on that junk.

Source?

The EVGA BR and BQ aren't that bad. I would rather a BQ than a System Power 9 or S12iii. Pre-COVID shortages the EVGA BQ500 could be had for around $55-$60 which is pretty reasonably priced.

I've posted on at least two such threads here on the forum (W1). I'm currently swarmed with irl stuff but feel free to dig them up.

As for the BR and BQ, we've had issues with them while the SP9 and S12III have behaved well in crossroads (we have odd use cases, I know, but the EVGA low end models we've tried for the front office part all had random quirks and didn't like our equipment.)

14 hours ago, Spotty said:

Source?

I'll see about looking around for a BQ500