Help: Bios can see my gpu but in windows it sayd basic monitor

Hi i just bought Zotac 2080 super AMP! and decided to install it on my pc. After installing it my pc's resolution is so low and i have no other options ( i tried both HDMI and DP and both yielded same resolution) im using acer xb271HU (1440p 144Hz monitor)

i was thinking if it was a driver cause i havent downloaded any yet. but when i tried to download it. It was stuck on "CHECKING SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY" (pls see attached screenshots)

after that i tries to install the GeForce Experience (idk if it will help with drivers) but it was stuck on the "INSTALLING"

Im gonna attach my setup here also please help me guys thank you

PS: Also one of the fans is not spinning and i dont know why (pls see attached photo)

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

Maybe try it on the lower PCI-E slot, just in case.

I know it's 8X, but maybe the upper slot is faulty.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

Full system specs?

i7-8700k

asus z-370 e mobo

gskill trident z 2x8gb ddr4 3200

seasonic focus plus gold 850fx

corsair H150i pro

samsung 960 evo m.2 ssd500gb

WD 2Tb blue

RTX 2080 super Zotac Amp!

Hi update i was able to donwload the drivers but idk why the Graphics driver is grayed out as seen in the photo

Should I move my GPU to the next PCIe slot??

IMG_0191.JPG

4 minutes ago, Brandon9997 said:

i7-8700k

asus z-370 e mobo

gskill trident z 2x8gb ddr4 3200

seasonic focus plus gold 850fx

corsair H150i pro

samsung 960 evo m.2 ssd500gb

WD 2Tb blue

RTX 2080 super Zotac Amp!

The DisplayPort cable is plugged into the graphics card, not the motherboard?
Did you try different DP ports?

Try DisplayDriverUninstaller to get rid of any old drivers, that Windows might have installed on its own. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download and install the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's website. https://www.nvidia.com/de-de/geforce/drivers/

GeForce Experience isn't necessary.

First download DDU, run it, select Restart To Safe Mode when prompted and let the PC reboot.

Then run DDU again, choose GPU then from the drop down select the manufacturer of your OLD GPU and click Clean & Restart. Once its done it will reboot.

Finally try installing the Nvidia driver again and see if it installs.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Update: It works fine now! thank you so much!!! 

gonna try the DP if it works!

Just now, Master Disaster said:

First download DDU, run it, select Restart To Safe Mode when prompted and let the PC reboot.

Then run DDU again, choose GPU then from the drop down select the manufacturer of your OLD GPU and click Clean & Restart. Once its done it will reboot.

Finally try installing the Nvidia driver again and see if it installs.

yes there was some sort of driver installed so when i ran the installation it uninstalled something first

5 minutes ago, Brandon9997 said:

yes there was some sort of driver installed so when i ran the installation it uninstalled something first

The new driver uninstalling the old drivers doesn't necessarily remove the actual driver files from Windows. DDU exists to FULLY remove all traces of the old driver and software giving you a clean start.

That said if the old GPU was Nvidia also then the old driver should have detected the new card and worked.

Please do DDU just to make sure but its possible you have a dead graphics card.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

The new driver uninstalling the old drivers doesn't necessarily remove the actual driver files from Windows. DDU exists to FULLY remove all traces of the old driver and software giving you a clean start.

That said if the old GPU was Nvidia also then the old driver should have detected the new card and worked.

Please do DDU just to make sure but its possible you have a dead graphics card.

Hi! it's working properly now (attached pic) im using display port.  i have question though, is it normal that fans in gpu are not spinning? im just web browsing at the moment IMG_0192.thumb.JPG.943d46c94dadff5ddd4445dcb8e2f31f.JPG

If the GPU temperature is below some defined temperature, some graphics card fans stop.

I edit my posts more often than not