Dual GPU to Dual Moniter with seperate cables.

So the plan is bascially to use two or more GPU's to connect to their own moniter or maybe even more. My idea is displayed in this here mindmap:

bild.png.91f1bf3b858120a141ef285c6159e236.png

Does this mean that GPU 1, which controlls moniter 1 and 2, will work sepretly from GPU 2, which controlls moniter 3 and 4, as depicted in the picture. Does the GPUs work sepretly with the CPU or does the CPU try to make some kind of software BUS like crossfire, with a master and a slave? If my idea works does this mean that I've basically dubbled my performance? Since GPU 1 only needs to work on half the moniters, the same goes for GPU 2, would it not mean that the GPU's need only work on half of my things that are currently open on the seprate moniters?

Example: If I open a game like, GTA V on moniter 1 and do the same but this time on moniter 4.
Hypophysis: The game will run as good on both moniters with both GPU's working on their own .exe running on their moniter. GPU 1 and 2 will have the same load (if its the same GPU's that is, for example two RTX 2080 Ti)but I get the benifit of doing it twice! However this does mean that I dont really have an advantage on a single moniter, since its only one GPU.
Issues: Question is, does this mean that the moniter cant communicate with eachother? Could you in theory drag a program from moniter 1 all the way to moniter 4?

I'm planning to do this with my future setup which is going to look like this:

Motherboard: MSI X570 MEG GODLIKE

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X Processor 16 cores / 32 threads / 4,7GHz

RAM: HyperX Fury Black 32GB (2x16GB) / 3200MHz / DDR4 / CL16 / HX432C16FB3K2/32

GPU: RX 5700 XT x2

Drive: Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 1TB x2 (or more)

Moniter: MSI Prestige PS341WU / 34" / WUHD / IPS / 8ms / HDMIx2,DP / Justerbar / VESA x4

1 minute ago, Johnsson said:

Does this mean that GPU 1, which controlls moniter 1 and 2, will work sepretly from GPU 2,

If they are not in cf or sli then yes

2 minutes ago, Johnsson said:

which controlls moniter 3 and 4

The GPU that is connected to them 

In this case GPU 2

2 minutes ago, Johnsson said:

Does the GPUs work sepretly with the CPU or does the CPU try to make some kind of software BUS like crossfire

Each GPU does the task that it has to ( assuming they are not in cf or sli )

3 minutes ago, Johnsson said:

If my idea works does this mean that I've basically dubbled my performance?

No each GPU will not work with each other 

The cpu will interact with both of them separately

3 minutes ago, Johnsson said:

If I open a game like, GTA V on moniter 1 and do the same but this time on moniter 4.

No the GPU 1 will render a separate load and the GPU 2 will also work on a separate thing 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 (3, or 4) GPU's can work in a single PC and each can output to multiple monitors.

Using your diagram.

GPU 1 can't control or contribute anything on monitor 3/4.

A game (or any application) running and displayed on monitor 1 will only use the resources of GPU 1.

So using your example of GTAV. One instance can run on monitor 1/2 and a second can run on monitor 3/4 without affecting the first.

The CPU may be a bottleneck here as its workload is doubled.

Applications can be freely moved between all monitors at any time. Note that GPU/VRAM heavy apps might have issues.

All 4 monitors will be discrete, meaning full screen apps will only fill a single screen. Both AMD and NVidia have methods of combining multiple monitors from a single GPU into a single large virtual display. Allowing a full screen app to fill multiple monitors without any special support.

Crossfire/SLI can be used in conjunction to combine the power of multiple GPUs. Performance does not scale linearly using Crossfire/SLI. 2 GPUs will result in a -20% to 70% perf increase.

Note that Crossfire/SLI can only be used in programs that support it.

-アパゾ

25 minutes ago, Johnsson said:

Issues: Question is, does this mean that the moniter cant communicate with eachother? Could you in theory drag a program from moniter 1 all the way to moniter 4?

Monitor's don't communicate with one another in any case. They simply display the pixels they've been instructed to display.

Your OS takes care of window placement. It will tell the GPU what it needs to be rendered and the GPU will render it and then send the image to the monitor to be displayed. The GPU has no concept of what a desktop is nor does it have to.

So if you drag a window from one monitor to another, the OS is the one that is actually keeping track of its position and takes care of instructing the correct GPU to render the correct portion of the window on the correct monitor.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply