Keyboard

I use the razer huntsman elite and im looking to get the cosair k70 mk2 and can't decide what switches I want. I was thinking of browns but let me know what you think 

If you can go to shop and try some keyboards to see if you like them.  do some research about switches type and yes a switch tester is a good idea if you don't have access to full keyboards to test. 

I tried blue and found out the noise is quite annoying to me ... also the weight of the switches is a bit too heavy for my liking ... So I bought a keyboard and don't like it in the end.  I had to buy another one and I chose to buy a barebone to be able to try different switches from time to time.  Maybe that would be something that interest you. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

5 hours ago, gloop said:

Switches are personal preference. But a switch tester and try the switches, then buy the one you like the most. 

No. Switches are not a personal preference. Cherry MX Blues are my favourite and anyone who feels otherwise is wrong!

image.jpeg.746e7f8eeb08ca66911ab4eed0dc04fa.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

No. Switches are not a personal preference. Cherry MX Blues are my favourite and anyone who feels otherwise is wrong!

See, this is where you are incorrect. The best switch is obviously a Box Brown. I’m ashamed at the community for allowing someone who likes MX Blues into the community. Smh. 

Just now, gloop said:

See, this is where you are incorrect. The best switch is obviously a Box Brown. I’m ashamed at the community for allowing someone who likes MX Blues into the community. Smh. 

IBM Buckling Spring or GTFO

Hey there. The CORSAIR K70 seems to have five switch options available, below are their characteristics as advertised by the Cherry MX site. Your actual mileage may vary, of course.

• Cherry MX Blue: Clicky. Audible click, no tactile bump.
  • Cherry MX Brown: Tactile. No audible click, has tactile bump.
  • Cherry MX Red: Linear. No audible click, no tactile bump.
  • Cherry MX Silent: Linear. No audible click, no tactile bump. Quieter than Reds.
  • Cherry MX Speed: Linear. No audible click, no tactile bump. Actuates 'faster' (less distance) than Reds.

My personal preference? Don't particularly like the sound of clickys, I'm a linear sort of person. Also, haven't actually tried Cherry MX switches before, but I've heard that while their products used to be good, their batches nowadays are kinda scratchy?

If you're up for a bit of reading, sowon's written some opinions on the Cherry MX Blues, Cherry MX Browns, and Cherry MX Blacks. Note that her MX Red review seems to be based off Gateron Reds, not Cherry MX Reds (I think).

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

23 hours ago, Eschew said:

Cherry MX Brown: Tactile. No audible click, has tactile bump.

Reds with a scratch cut into them with a nail file.