Air cooling or liquid cooling

StrawberryShortCakes

I'm  getting my first computer build (doing it myself), I was wondering which cpu cooler should I get? 

CPU box cooler cames with the ryzen cpu 1600af

CoolerMaster G200

Noctua nh-L9a black edition (Still in stock in Singapore) 

Corsair H80 or H60

I'm either using a coolermaster elite 110 or Silverstone sg13 

What should I get I'm not overclocking since this is my first build. 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

Air should do fine.

Liquid / AIO is good for overclocking, and is better at cooling in some aspects but you have to remember that water-cooling / AIO has more points of failure. So it's really up to you if you want to assume those risks. But by no means does that CPU need liquid cooling.

That CPU doesn't even need a high-end air cooler, stock would do fine for it.

4 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

I'm  getting my first computer build (doing it myself), I was wondering which cpu cooler should I get? 

CPU box cooler cames with the ryzen cpu 1600af

CoolerMaster G200

Noctua nh-L9a black edition (Still in stock in Singapore) 

Corsair H80 or H60

I'm either using a coolermaster elite 110 or Silverstone sg13 

What should I get I'm not overclocking since this is my first build. 

Stock is fine though may be a little loud. 120mm and 140mm AIOs are a waste of money, 240mm+ or go air.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 minute ago, gloop said:

Stock cooler will handle it fine. 

Won't have overheating problems? 

1 minute ago, oort said:

Air should do fine.

Liquid / AIO is good for overclocking, and is better at cooling in some aspects but you have to remember that water-cooling / AIO has more points of failure. So it's really up to you if you want to assume those risks. But by no means does that CPU need liquid cooling.

I think I'll stick with air cooling then which will keep it colder? 

Silent Cerberus - Fractal Design Core500,Ryzen R7 3700x,Scythe Fuma 2,Gigabyte Aorus B550i Pro AX,Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200mhz cl16 16gb,Adata XPG SX8200 nvme 512gb m.2 ssd,Lexar NS100 1tb ssd,Red Dragon RX5700 8gb(bio flashed 5700xt),Corsair SF600 SFX 600w 80+ platinum F-Modular. 

Hades - dO.Ob Look into my eyes and see the dark eternal abyss that is your soul and pay for your hidden sins. 

Cerberus - the hell hound that guards the gates of hell. Once you enter you'll never escape. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Stock is fine though may be a little loud. 120mm and 140mm AIOs are a waste of money, 240mm+ or go air.

I think 240 won't fit in either cases, from jayztwocent's vid it seems the 110 can only fit the 120/140 ones

I agree that the stock Wraith Stealth should be enough, and should also fit in both cases as it's fairly low profile. Otherwise, I'd personally go for the NH-L9a.

6 minutes ago, oort said:

Air should do fine.

AIOs aren't necessarily better than air cooling heatsinks for overclocking. Dollar for dollar especially air coolers are much, much better, and until you get to 280mm and 360mm AIOs, you can get equivalent performance with air while having better reliability and potentially lower noise.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

9 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

Won't have overheating problems? 

I think I'll stick with air cooling then which will keep it colder? 

If you're asking from what ones you listed, I'd say the Noctua nh-L9a

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I agree that the stock Wraith Stealth should be enough, and should also fit in both cases as it's fairly low profile. Otherwise, I'd personally go for the NH-L9a.

AIOs aren't necessarily better than air cooling heatsinks for overclocking. Dollar for dollar especially air coolers are much, much better, and until you get to 280mm and 360mm AIOs, you can get equivalent performance with air while having better reliability and potentially lower noise.

Well yeah. I mean if you're going with a 120/140/240 they're a waste of money for the most part, but I've never bought one any smaller than 280mm. So to rephrase, watercooling is better once you get a nice radiator on the PC with good fans. I forget that people buy those little 120/140 ones and I've often wondered why, but I guess money and some cases are limited.

29 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

26 minutes ago, oort said:

If you're asking from what ones you listed, I'd say the Noctua nh-L9a

Well yeah. I mean if you're going with a 120/140/240 they're a waste of money for the most part, but I've never bought one any smaller than 280mm. So to rephrase, watercooling is better once you get a nice radiator on the PC with good fans. I forget that people buy those little 120/140 ones and I've often wondered why, but I guess money and some cases are limited.

Thank you everyone 

The only good thing about l9a is its size. No need to use that in those cases as you can fit better ones too. Elite 110 will take Noctua L12s or Scythe Big Shuriken 3. And you can always use an sfx psu(with the atx mounting bracket) if you want to fit an even taller cooler.

1 hour ago, StrawberryShortCakes said:

I think 240 won't fit in either cases, from jayztwocent's vid it seems the 110 can only fit the 120/140 ones

Then go air, small AIOs don't perform well.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?