This is why we can't have nice things...

bejamartins

spacer.png

I slipped and hit the acrylic 馃槩

How can I fix this? The acrylic is at the same level with the metal with some curved borders inside, so I can't replace it as is.

I could just buy some acrylic or glass and glue from the inside, but the problem is that the cooler is already touching the window.

I have two ideas:

- I buy acrylic and glue it from the outside. I put glue only in the corners and put four black or silver stickers over it to hide it;

- I buy some of that book plastification adhesive and cover all over the side panel from outside and then again over the window from the inside;

I'm not sure either will look decent, what do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas? Thanks in advance for any help.

Is that a fractal case? They sell spare panels for at least some of their cases

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is聽play no games atm &聽watch聽anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...聽 nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project!Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log!聽(Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life.聽

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut;聽and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " -聽MageTank聽31-10-2016

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Is that a fractal case? They sell spare panels for at least some of their cases

No, it's a Nox, a Spanish brand.

If聽you can remove it without damaging it any further, most glass shops can cut a new piece if you bring it to them. Around me its about $25 - $50 for small Acrylic special cuts. If聽it has a lip however, it may result in a thicker piece and higher cost.

8 hours ago, Nayr438 said:

If聽you can remove it without damaging it any further, most glass shops can cut a new piece if you bring it to them. Around me its about $25 - $50 for small Acrylic special cuts. If聽it has a lip however, it may result in a thicker piece and higher cost.

There I temporarily fixed it:

spacer.png

The only place that cut acrylic that's open was bought by another chain and now they refuse to cut acrylic because they don't want to assume the costs of bad cuts. So I bought some leftovers from their last cuts (they only had blurry acrylic) and learned to cut myself manually. I had to invert the hooks thought.

Meanwhile I ordered a glass, it'll have to be very thin, Wich will make it delicate, but it will be transparent.

On 6/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, chocolatekarma said:

With all due respect...聽 I'd worry more about your horrible cable management skills.聽 馃檭

spacer.png

Better?

lttstore.com !

(And thank you @James聽for hooking me up with the cable ties at LTX)

2 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

spacer.png

Better?

lttstore.com !

(And thank you @James for hooking me up with the cable ties at LTX)

I鈥檓 just gonna leave a small @LinusTech聽tag here....

3 minutes ago, bejamartins said:

-Snip-

cool cable ties聽

where can i get one of those ? ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad.聽

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log:聽

5 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

cool cable ties聽

This is a perfect segue to this episodes sponsor: lttstore.com!

3 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

cool cable ties聽

lttstore.com !!!!
spacer.png

I bought a custom size piece of tempered glass and replaced mine. It鈥檚 recessed obviously but still a cleaner look. Nothing a little double sided tape can鈥檛 fix.聽

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz聽

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q聽1920x1080@240hz