Computer Still Doesn't Display to Monitor

Hi everyone,

This post is a continuation of my previous post on here trying to fix this problem: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1178364-motherboardgpu-bricked/

I RMA'd the motherboard with ASRock; it was diagnosed as a BIOS issue so they updated it and tested it and they said that it worked.

When it came back to me, I put it computer all together again and powered it on but it still said no display.

Then, I called ASRock tech support and they asked me to breadboard the system, so I did with only the motherboard out of the case with CPU and CPU cooler, one ram stick on the second slot, graphics card, power switch, and keyboard and mouse. I powered it on and same thing- no display, but this time no actual no display message on the screen. The keyboard and mouse did light up however, which the tech person I was on call with at the time said that since it did it meant that the motherboard POST'ed- is this true? So they said that it was something about my monitor. I switched out monitors- still nothing. They said I should "turn it on in a sequence" with turning on the monitor first then the PC? I have no idea how accurate that is or if it works at all.

I'm planning on getting the computer to a custom computer repair shop, but before that I wanted to get any help from everyone here; Any help appreciated!

The keyboard does imply post.  It might.  I’m suspecting maybe a bad cable.  Did they say what version of bios they put on?  It should be some code number.  Are you running off an apu/iGPU (those should really be one word) or off a discrete gpu?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The keyboard does imply post.  It might.  I’m suspecting maybe a bad cable.  Did they say what version of bios they put on?  It should be some code number.  Are you running off an apu/iGPU (those should really be one word) or off a discrete gpu?

They did not say what version of BIOS specifically, they said they installed the latest one. On the motherboard they had crossed out the number on top of the BIOS. I was running on a discrete GPU.

Does your cpu have a gpu in it?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

51 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Does your cpu have a gpu in it?

Nope. I'm using the Ryzen 5 3600

5 hours ago, bubbliorno said:

Nope. I'm using the Ryzen 5 3600

It’s not impossible the problem could be gpu directional (cable, monitor, slot, card). One would think the company would have checked the slot but if they found a problem and fixed it they might have stopped looking.  In any case that would apply only to the slot.