Am I able to Over clock?

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
7 minutes ago, TeaAitchSea420 said:

ok so i dont really understand the software but on cinebench its saying it was already running at 4ghz which is max boost clock

well that's the other thing about MSI motherboards. They have precision boost overdrive enabled so you are likely getting close to the best performance possible. Single core turbo is 4.0 but if you were getting all cores at 4.0 you're about maxed out.

I’m jus trying to get a slight overClock jus to get used to it and the bios like try new things and stuff, I was under the impression I could overclock the ryzen 3 3200g on the msi b450 mortar max main board but It won’t let me change the frequency or anything ¿

That is an overclockable combination, are you able to use Ryzen master to change the values?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That is an overclockable combination, are you able to use Ryzen master to change the values?

I didn’t know there was an application for ryzen I’ll look it up now 

8 minutes ago, TeaAitchSea420 said:

I didn’t know there was an application for ryzen I’ll look it up now 

it's not as good as the BIOS but if you can't change it there either there's something wrong

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

ok so i dont really understand the software but on cinebench its saying it was already running at 4ghz which is max boost clock

7 minutes ago, TeaAitchSea420 said:

well that's the other thing about MSI motherboards. They have precision boost overdrive enabled so you are likely getting close to the best performance possible. Single core turbo is 4.0 but if you were getting all cores at 4.0 you're about maxed out.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

on ryzen master its saying 3.6 all cores should i jus put it up a bit and see how it goes?

25 minutes ago, TeaAitchSea420 said:

on ryzen master its saying 3.6 all cores should i jus put it up a bit and see how it goes?

Yes, you can follow the same steps as you would in the BIOS, with a small increase to core clocks and voltage.

Primary PC: