Ideas for a logo

Haro

Hey  everyone 

Sorry for this kind of stupid question but do you have any ideas on making a logo a theme  or something 

I'm kind of confused and atleast for me I like to keep my pfp as my creation rather than a still shot from something (well I mean I don't watch alot of shows so I do not have any ideas lmao )

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I'm not that into design, but what kind of pfp would you like? imo your current one looks amazing

A guy asking and answering in his bedroom since he has nothing else to do

Just now, George Vella said:

I'm not that into design, but what kind of pfp would you like? imo your current one looks amazing

Thank you lol

I mean I kind of like weird art design 

Mostly a subtle professional look ( that sounds cringe lmao ) but I feel like I can do better idk lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Have you checked out any logo design guidelines online? Lots of professional graphic designers have made guides on what to look out for and implement when creating a logo. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

I mean I kind of like weird art design 

If I were you I'd get a peice of modern art, on google there are a lot, then you can maybe go on canva and add your subtle touch to it

Or your photo editor of choice

1 minute ago, MyInnerFred said:

Lots of professional graphic designers have made guides on what to look out for and implement when creating a logo. 

Yea but the thing is I don't even have a way of "Branding" things to begin with if you would call it that 

Like I don't know how I want to be presented 🤣

Build Log: 

Like I don't know how I want to be presented 🤣

Looks like you know where you need to start then. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

1503390299_1471336616_natos-programebi-E

NATO PFP

I could be dumb but I don't know what that is 😅

Build Log: 

Or otherwise try to go to a super simple design, like I have on my pfp rn (although its boring), but it'll let you make wallpapers with it ect.

GEORGE FOR ALL.png

GEORGE4ALL, TECH AND MEDIA.png

Just now, MyInnerFred said:

Looks like you know where you need to start then. 

I guess so lol 

It will probably take a bit if time for me to decide how I want to go about things 

I have considered just scraping the whole professional look alot of times but if I did idk what I would go for 

It will certainly take a bit of time lol

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

I could be dumb but I don't know what that is 😅

I can be dumber - whats pfp? 🙄

I edit my posts more often than not

Or otherwise try to go to a super simple design, like I have on my pfp rn (although its boring), but it'll let you make wallpapers with it ect.

GEORGE FOR ALL.png

GEORGE4ALL, TECH AND MEDIA.png

Yea I considered this but I kind of don't like to put my name on something lol

Build Log: 

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

I can be dumber - whats pfp? 🙄

Profile picture lol

Build Log: 

Yea I considered this but I kind of don't like to put my name on something lol

You can try some cringy title or something... 🤣🤣

You can try some cringy title or something... 🤣🤣

I'll pass lmao 

Build Log: 

Or else, try to use canva, they have some minimal (if  you like that theme) logo designs

I'll probably just end up taking this to a whole new stage and make this into a month worth of a project 

Thanks everyone I'll probably either scrap this idea (like I always do ) or just improve it ;)

Build Log: 

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Now that is professional

Build Log: 

Now that is professional

Not my work, I just took a fond of it many years ago.

added some filters in Photoshop though. 

I edit my posts more often than not

18 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Hey  everyone 

Sorry for this kind of stupid question but do you have any ideas on making a logo a theme  or something 

I'm kind of confused and atleast for me I like to keep my pfp as my creation rather than a still shot from something (well I mean I don't watch alot of shows so I do not have any ideas lmao )

The idea behind a logo is that is symbolizes what your company is all about. It gives people an abstraction of what they are dealing with. Although that really does not be the case, as some logos have become so iconic at this point, that they have taken over the original symbol.

For example, if you see a logo of an apple, you might expect a company involved in the fruit business, or something of that nature. However if you show an apple logo to most people, they will mention they think of phones, tablets, laptops, etc. because of Apple the company.

That is an example of how a logo should just be an abstraction of something in real life, that stands out from the rest.

In that sense, it's important to just know what you want to show; as every idea you can come up with is an abstraction of something you have seen before.

Personally I like the critiquing logos videos from Zimri Mayfield a lot, as it gives a ton of inspiration on what you could make.

So I don't have any specific ideas/tips, other than gathering any and all ideas you can, drafting a couple logos and keep iterating if you found something you like.

18 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

1503390299_1471336616_natos-programebi-E

NATO PFP

Very November India Charlie Echo 👌

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

In that sense, it's important to just know what you want to show; as every idea you can come up with is an abstraction of something you have seen before.

Personally I like the critiquing logos videos from Zimri Mayfield a lot, as it gives a ton of inspiration on what you could make.

Yea that's why I'm confused I don't know what I want to be presented like

Like I want to be professional but sometimes like to think to scrap the idea other times I think I should just start over with the "brand" if you would call it that

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

So I don't have any specific ideas/tips, other than gathering any and all ideas you can, drafting a couple logos and keep iterating if you found something you like

I began on making something 

Right not it's just a gimmick and an idea but if it works out it will probably take a while to do it as I'm not that experienced with drawing ;)

Build Log: 

Yea that's why I'm confused I don't know what I want to be presented like

Like I want to be professional but sometimes like to think to scrap the idea other times I think I should just start over with the "brand" if you would call it that

You can still seem very professional with a very silly logo.

What I mean by that, is that through the power of abstraction you can take anything and turn it into a simple/iconic/'professional' looking logo.

Just an example of the abstraction process:

image.png.0782ff9f092e21c942d2309c14eef381.png

Just ignore the 'too abstract' portion, as this abstraction scale seems to focus on 'symbols', rather than logos.

What this image shows is that you can take something from real life and rework it to be realistic, a 'symbol' (quickly recognizable image) and very abstract.

In that way, you can take basically anything and rework and tweak it to look however you want it to look. It's can sort of become a 'if you know, then you know' sort of image, which makes it so anyone that knows the meaning well, can see what you mean; but to others it doesn't have much meaning behind it (and thus you can form whatever meaning you want through your business endeavors).

An abstract logo can become a blank canvas, through which anyone can work in their own meaning behind it. Of course color theory will still stay important, but that can be used to give anyone a certain feeling behind it.

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Right not it's just a gimmick and an idea but if it works out it will probably take a while to do it as I'm not that experienced with drawing ;)

To me a logo is very much a process that takes a lot of different iterations to make perfect. But do not be afraid to just throw away what you have now and start over with something else.

If you have drawn out a 99 ideas, the 100th idea will incorporate the best aspect of the previous 99, which means at a certain point you will have the perfect logo for your purpose.

But don't stress about it either and go at your own pace. A logo is as much about the final product as it is about the process that brought you there.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/