Has Anyone Gone Through An RMA With Logitech For A Keyboard?

nick name

I'm currently in the process of trying to RMA my faulty Logitech G810 and Logitech has asked me to permanently disable (ie break) my keyboard and submit proof through pictures before they will release a replacement keyboard.  The problem is that my keyboard functions as a keyboard and it's the RGB that's faulty.  Now I understand why'd they want me to disable this keyboard before they send me another keyboard, but that process would leave me without any keyboard for an unknown period of time.  As such I would have to buy another keyboard to use in the interim.

Has anyone else gone through the RMA process with Logitech for a keyboard?  They didn't ask for anything like this before replacing my faulty G402 mouse.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

@Corsair Nick Is this something Corsair would do?

Perhaps I should buy a new Corsair keyboard and when Logitech sends me a replacement -- sell the replacement?  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

We have an advanced replacement option where we send it to you first before you send back the faulty unit, that way you don't go without.  In some very specific cases "Proof of Destruction" was an option instead of shipping the faulty unit back, but I'm not sure if this policy is still in place.

If you're looking for a Corsair keyboard, let me know what features and budget you are wanting, and I can provide you with some suggestions.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

26 minutes ago, Corsair Nick said:

We have an advanced replacement option where we send it to you first before you send back the faulty unit, that way you don't go without.  In some very specific cases "Proof of Destruction" was an option instead of shipping the faulty unit back, but I'm not sure if this policy is still in place.

If you're looking for a Corsair keyboard, let me know what features and budget you are wanting, and I can provide you with some suggestions.

Can you tell me how I can easily compare the line-up of keyboards?  I'm not sure what the differences are between the K68 K70 K95.  I haven't looked at Corsair keyboards until now.  

I'd love something with on-board memory so I can setup the RGB and then not have to run iCue again.  

If you're looking for hardware playback to store profiles, I'd recommend either the K70 MK.2, Strafe MK.2, or K95 Platinum or XT.  K70 and Strafe are standard size, while K95 offers 6 dedicated macro keys on the left.  Strafe vs K70, very similar with K70 having an Aluminum frame vs Strafe with steel mounting in a plastic chassis; features are exactly the same.  If you have a preferred Cherry MX switch type, your options start to narrow down.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

1 hour ago, Corsair Nick said:

If you're looking for hardware playback to store profiles, I'd recommend either the K70 MK.2, Strafe MK.2, or K95 Platinum or XT.  K70 and Strafe are standard size, while K95 offers 6 dedicated macro keys on the left.  Strafe vs K70, very similar with K70 having an Aluminum frame vs Strafe with steel mounting in a plastic chassis; features are exactly the same.  If you have a preferred Cherry MX switch type, your options start to narrow down.

I really appreciate that breakdown.  I'm not familiar with Cherry switches as this Logitech keyboard uses their mechanical switches so I'll have to look at some videos and guesstimate what I'd like.   

No problem, it takes a bit of time to determine what is right for you.  We have five different switch types that will have a different feel and benefits.  The page below gives a brief overview of Cherry MX switches that we currently offer.  It is a little older and doesn't include Cherry MX Low Profiles switches, but gives the general overview.  Let me know if you have more questions.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/cherry

1 hour ago, Corsair Nick said:

No problem, it takes a bit of time to determine what is right for you.  We have five different switch types that will have a different feel and benefits.  The page below gives a brief overview of Cherry MX switches that we currently offer.  It is a little older and doesn't include Cherry MX Low Profiles switches, but gives the general overview.  Let me know if you have more questions.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/cherry

Excellent.  I'll give that a read.  Many thanks, kind sir.