What are your thoughts on the newly announced Samsung Galaxy S5?

What do you think abut it? Is it a good follow up?

What do you think about it's camera, software, hardware?

Also, what do you think about the new gear devices?

IMO, the phone looks awesome( dat sexy chrome gold ) and I d love to own it

The only thing that I would "dislike" about it it's that it has "only" a fullhd screen

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I think its a let down and I am sticking with my rooted S4 it's not much of an upgrade.

Poo.The S4 was not much of an update compared to my S3,and the S5 isn't what I was waiting for either.

;_;

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I reckon it's going to be a nice follow up (bearing in mind I don't really know much about phones) and if its at the right price, it could be my first phone. I like it anyway. Some features I'm not so sure about though...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

meh

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

BhQwHHUCQAAVYm5.jpg

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

*ahem* not the first phone with HDR video *ahem*

Not really all that impressive, they didn't even tell us the specs. An why put a heart beat sensor on the back of a phone?

i'm a potato

BhQwHHUCQAAVYm5.jpg

That picture will go viral in 3, 2, 1.....

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

*ahem* not the first phone with HDR video *ahem*

Not really all that impressive, they didn't even tell us the specs.

Because that is still under NDA till launch my guess is a snapdragon 801 judging from the clock speeds Android Authority said and 3GB of RAM.

The only thing that I would "dislike" about it it's that it has "only" a fullhd screen

Looks awesome?

I think the Nexus 4 and 5 look better than this.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's an unimpressive, spec pushing piece of what happens when yet another big company gets lazy.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It's an unimpressive, spec pushing piece of what happens when yet another big company gets lazy.

I think we are going to see a lot more of this.

Looks awesome?

I think the Nexus 4 and 5 look better than this.

Everyone has their own prefferences ;)

i could not care less....

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Its basically a "S4s"

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I don't care about the S series too much. I love the notes :P I just hope theres going to be at least a 1440/1600P screen on the note 4

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

smartphone market is so slowed down in places where it should be improved or innovated.

and the most disappointing  part is that people who does do some thing does not get any recognition because everyone is on the Galaxsy S, NOTE, iPhone Hype(then the same shit like before) train and then forget about the rest of the options out there.

HTC, Sony, ZTE, and bunch of other phones.

specially when you look at the galaxy S5, its the same as a sony Xperia Z2 but with a lot of plastic and a awful software.

HTC and other manufactures have gotten what a premium phone should feel like.

and its sill no surprise that GS5 will sell a 100M units and the HTC and Sony and other manufactures will get stomped by the reviewers. 

so i guess until people just grow up and made a wise decisions there will be galaxsy S100 and Iphone 300S and it wil still be the same.

its not about innovation its about, quality and the compelling reason to consider an upgrade, with a well rounded package.

i dont buy phones for the specs, not for the name, its the best compromise of all the aspects that make a good phone. i dont mind a display with out wide viewing angles as long as long as the phone is not made out of plastic or the camera is just 4Mpxl  

Flop, I'm looking at the z2

CPU AMD FX 8350 @5GHz. Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula Z. RAM 8GB G.Skill Sniper. GPU Reference Sapphire Radeon R9 290X. Case Fractal Design Define XL R2. Storage Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD and 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K. PSU XFX 850BEFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold. Cooler XSPC RayStorm

Meh. From what I hear, the fingerprint scanner isn't as unique as the iPhone's (it requires swiping rather than just pushing the button) and I haven't heard anything about integrating it into more than PayPal. The heartbeat sensing seems completely pointless, and everything else on the hardware side is just a moderate-to-negligible incremental improvement over the S4 (0.1 inch larger screen? really?). The only thing that seems interesting is the autofocus technology, but that's not really what I'd buy a phone for. Everything else is software, and software features can pretty much universally be replicated just by using 3rd party apps (especially the ones I heard of, like battery saving mode and even more fitness tracking).

Also, that dimpled back is ugly, and still a single, tiny, rear-facing speaker.

No reason "upgrading" from my S4. Especially since I can run stock android made by google and got about +40% battery life out of it and rid of uncle touchywiz at the same time.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Just going to leave this regarding to the fingerprint sensor:

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

What do you think abut it? Is it a good follow up?

What do you think about it's camera, software, hardware?

Also, what do you think about the new gear devices?

1) I think Samsung is going in the right direction with the S5

2) Coming from a Note 3, I really liked the fact that they put a leather feel on the back of S5.

3) 

Camera:

-If the claims about "45% improvement in camera sensor processing speed" is true, I think that is a very good improvement compared to S4 as I personally find the focus on S4 slow resulting in blured photos especially on fast moving objects.

-I am disappointed that they didn't improve the low light performance by either going for bigger pixels or by including OIS.

In terms of software:

-nothing really special that stands out to me

-it should still suffer from high input lag like all android

Display:

-If it is as good as the display found on Note 3 (I had the chance to compare s4 and note 3 and colors on the note 3 is much better and deeper while not being overly saturated) I would be very impressed by it.

-i would have preferred if Samsung get rid of all the dedicated buttons on the bottom of the screen with a big speaker like on HTC ONE

Loudspeaker & SQ:

-i am very disappointed that Samsung didn't bother to upgrade the existing crappy speaker at the back (compared to HTC ONE)

-as usual it would be mediocre in SQ as it would use onboard DAC from SOC

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

is it going to have an IR blaster like the s4? That is my favorite part of my s4 is being able to use it as a universal remote for almost everything, including a remote shutter release for my Nikon dslr. It really think having the ir blaster is going to be a selling point for me on future phones.  I don't plan on upgrading from my s4 for at least another yr unless it dies an early death.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger