starting developing websites

reddrag0n
Hi

I just finished high school and have a basic knowledge of coding I want to start developing websites.

I was wondering what is the best IDE for web developing and if you have links to good websites that have like task oriented learning for mysql, php, javascript, html, css and other things that i will need to start developing web sites?

sorry for my english :D

Codecademy.com

I learned HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript there, the HTML and CSS where great but the PHP and Javascript where veryyyy confusing! I'd buy a book for that! :) 

Good luck! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Hi,

I've been testing various different IDEs, text editors and developing platforms. The best IDE is basically not an IDE, but just Sublime Text Editor (a plain text editor) with a lot of plugins.

The best place to learn web development is code.tutsplus.com (text-based) and youtube.com/phpacademy (video-based).

- MrUnknown

|CPU| i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz |Motherboard| Asrock H97M |RAM| Adata 8GB 1600MHz |GPU| Palit GeForce GTX 760 2GB 

|HD| 128GB Adata SSD | 2x 2TB WD Green | 3TB WD Blue |Sound| Creative T6060 5.1 | Razer Kraken Headphones |OS| Windows 10 Pro x64

I only use 3 things

• Sublime Text editor
  • Wamp or Xampp
  • Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera.  A good Web Dev, checks his site on all browsers to make sure everything looks the way it should.

CodeAcademy is ok for learning HTML and CSS, but crap for PHP (Not sure about other codes), I done some mistakes (On purpose) and Code Academy said it was correct and let me move onto the next stage, since then I haven't used the site.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Personally I use Vim ad my editor, not a full IDE. That might not be to everyone's taste though.

I recommend you have a look at our programming resources thread, that's what it's for after

all. If you have any more questions after that, feel free to ask of course.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Most professional websites that I have seen being developed are created in netbeans, I myself hate netbeans and rather use a plain markup text editor such as notepad++ or sublime text over a IDE for web dev but I'm not a professional web developer though.

I do web dev as a side to my projects and don't bother developing them in a formal order but if you are planning on developing a website in a formal order then I highly recommend looking into netbeans