No video output in uefi

Argeddion
Go to solution Solved by Argeddion,

A complete disasemble and rebuild of the Pc did fix the issue. Probably the video card wasnt seated right or a ram stick became loose. I also took out the CMOS battery and did resett the CMOS multiple times. Just writing this if anyone has similiar problems and finds this forum post

Hi,

Since I installed a dedicated GPU I can not boot into uefi. Windows 10 works just fine. To be more accurate, I suspect, that I am in uefi but I get no video output. The keyboard and mouse do light up, fans spin.

I realized this when I wanted to reset my CPU OC to standard because it was sometimes unstable. I did reset the CMOS by shorting the pins which was succesfull since the OC is gone, but still no video in the uefi.

I also can not update the uefi since I do not see anything. But there are newer versions.

I tried all 4 outputs of my video card. They all work with windows but not in the UEFI. Since I had no Displayport cable I used an adaptor. I aslo tried the HDMI and DVI inputs on the monitor.

While still using the Vega 11 on my APU everything was fine.

Specs:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400g

GPU - Gigabyte RTX 2060 OC 6GB (OC is in the name. I did not overclock it)

Motherboard - ASRock B450 Pro4 (BIOS Version P1.50)

Storage - SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 500GB

RAM - G.Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16D-16GISB Memory 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB)

Powersupply - CoolerMaster MasterWatt 550W(80+Bronze)Semi-Mod

Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster P2270

A complete disasemble and rebuild of the Pc did fix the issue. Probably the video card wasnt seated right or a ram stick became loose. I also took out the CMOS battery and did resett the CMOS multiple times. Just writing this if anyone has similiar problems and finds this forum post