MC server, doesnt work with added IP

komar

Haven't set one in a while, but the procedure seems the same as in the 1.9 days - agree to the eula, open the 25565 port, insert the IPV4 of the host machine into the config files  - off you go.

Still, whenever I add the IPV4   image.png.d64c3d845fac11b3d9a8bd391d7691f9.png  the server becomes unreachable - localhost cannont connect to it either.

The port is tested that is indeed open, added rules for tcp and udp in the firewall, still  - image.png.709b2634897cb1423f6f2a0a5be8abac.png

What am I missing to do?

Localhost won't work because 192.168.1.4 and localhost (127.0.0.1) are two different IP addresses assigned to two different network interfaces. The server will only accept packets, that arrive at IP 192.168.1.4 (and any traffic that is forwarded to it, e.g. using port forwarding).

Official docs say, there shouldn't be a value, unless you really know what you are doing. I'm assuming default behaviour would be to listen on all interfaces (and all their IP addresses accordingly), generally that is the LAN the server is connected to as well as localhost.

It's a bad idea to set static/hard-coded IPs to any configuration anyway, in case it ever changes in the future, you might end up pulling your hair out because you forgot you set the IP somewhere.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

14 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Localhost won't work because 192.168.1.4 and localhost (127.0.0.1) are two different IP addresses assigned to two different network interfaces. The server will only accept packets, that arrive at IP 192.168.1.4 (and any traffic that is forwarded to it, e.g. using port forwarding).

Official docs say, there shouldn't be a value, unless you really know what you are doing. I'm assuming default behaviour would be to listen on all interfaces (and all their IP addresses accordingly), generally that is the LAN the server is connected to as well as localhost.

It's a bad idea to set static/hard-coded IPs to any configuration anyway, in case it ever changes in the future, you might end up pulling your hair out because you forgot you set the IP somewhere.

Still tho, without an IP, my external IP adress doesnt  work - on that SS with the 4 servers i have localhost, external ip, external ip + port, internal ip - only localhost sees it then.

Gotta use Hamanchi/VPN for other to connect....

6 minutes ago, komar said:

Still tho, without an IP, my external IP adress doesnt  work - on that SS with the 4 servers i have localhost, external ip, external ip + port, internal ip - only localhost sees it then.

Gotta use Hamanchi/VPN for other to connect....

Have you configured port forwarding on the correct ports to the internal IP of the server on your router? If this is not done, external IP will not work.

Also, depending on the router, using an external IP might not work for you (or whoever is in same LAN). This happens when router can't properly handle connection targeting WAN address from within LAN. I've run into some.

Are you running the server on the same machine as the game client itself that you intend to play on? Have you checked your firewall rules, that the server ports are allowed to be connected to from outside the machine itself? How did you check the ports (that they are open)?

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

1 minute ago, jj9987 said:

Have you configured port forwarding on the correct ports to the internal IP of the server on your router? If this is not done, external IP will not work.

Already said still image.png.aea4524ad5db0325dc65877d2cbf3d8f.png

2 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Are you running the server on the same machine as the game client itself that you intend to play on? Have you checked your firewall rules, that the server ports are allowed to be connected to from outside the machine itself?

yes, still from the above SS, the 25565:25565 are the external ports and the 25565 on the right is the internal one.

8 minutes ago, jj9987 said:

Also, depending on the router, using an external IP might not work for you (or whoever is in same LAN). This happens when router can't properly handle connection targeting WAN address from within LAN. I've run into some.

I'm actually facepalming now, since this was it....

Tried the external IP from another machine, connected to mobile internet and sure - there it is!

So it had been working all along, just the stupid locked out ISP router was messing me.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!