Legion Y530 Storage Upgrade

I have a Legion Y530 and it has an Intel Optane 16gb cache drive and a 1tb BarraCuda HDD. I already have a replacement SSD for the hard drive on the way, but I am also looking into changing that Optane cache drive into an actual m.2 storage SSD. My question is if I just simply replace the Optane for a regular SDD will that work? Is there something I need to do in BIOS or windows settings to tell the laptop it no longer has a cache drive? I don't know if the picture helps, but better to have it just in case

storage.jpg

the only thing that you would need to do is change the boot order so that the bios looks in the correct drive for the OS. I dont think you need to do anything else. 

10 hours ago, waterhead14 said:

I have a Legion Y530 and it has an Intel Optane 16gb cache drive and a 1tb BarraCuda HDD. I already have a replacement SSD for the hard drive on the way, but I am also looking into changing that Optane cache drive into an actual m.2 storage SSD. My question is if I just simply replace the Optane for a regular SDD will that work? Is there something I need to do in BIOS or windows settings to tell the laptop it no longer has a cache drive? I don't know if the picture helps, but better to have it just in case

storage.jpg

I upgraded my friend's Y530 and my own Y520 and @Saksham is right there is no need to do much besides change the boot order. But on my laptop I had to leave the hard drive with windows installed and then install it on the ssd.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD