Unable to update windows, turn on windows defender or use my camera

Hi, I recently bought a camera that doesn't need software apparently and it doesn't seem to work on any program i run, only the microphone. I checked if I needed to update windows but it keep loading and loading but nothing ever happens, also my windows defender is unable to turn on but I don't have any other antivirus on my PC. Im running on a windows 10 trial version and the version is 1809. Just came from microsoft tech support because about 30 people viewed but no one replied...
Specs:
  •  Ryzen 5 2600 CPU
  • 2x8Gb 3200mhz of ram
  • GTX 1070 Aorus GPU 8Gb of VRAM

What's the camra?

I think you can update with windows update assistant 

10 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

What's the camra?

I think you can update with windows update assistant 

Camera: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/webcam-hd-nu-met-gratis-oortjes-computer-webcam-voor-pc-webcamera-computer-camera-werk-thuis/9300000000997436/?s2a=

Ik it looks dodgy af but it worked on my laptop but id like to use it on my desktop, it says in the instructions that it installs software automatically but it only displays its mic in the device manager, no camera to be found... 

Also, I tried windows update assistant and 5 minutes in im still at 0%

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

Same os?

yes same os maybe its because I have 1809 but im updating to 1909?

Since you're having problems with windows defender, try to run as administrator from a command line this:

sfc /scannow

It will search for corrupted files and tries to fix them

You can try to run this command aswell:

chkdsk c:

And see if errors are found

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 72% complete.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

Thats what it said... nice

Run as admin

Cmd

Chkdsk /f/r

Restart system

Run as admin

Sfc /scannow again

See if that works

1 hour ago, Xboxonecontroll said:

He's simply not going to get support from Microsoft, not a huge loss IMO

23 minutes ago, Rocgio40 said:

So Im not allowed to update or use windows defender with unactivated windows???

You should be able to do all of the above

Just try what @narrdarr said, just make sure to NOT use the /r argument if you're running the OS on ssd

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

2 hours ago, Parideboy said:

He's simply not going to get support from Microsoft, not a huge loss IMO

You should be able to do all of the above

Just try what @narrdarr said, just make sure to NOT use the /r argument if you're running the OS on ssd

I think the single read-write cycle on the ssd is worth the over all stability of the system. I still think /f/r is best.