Tried to reinstall windows from my windows 7 disk and now my pc won't post

G405T

Yesterday I upgraded my system to:

TO:

- ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F

- Ryzen 3600

- Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 3200mhz

I've kept every other component in my pc the same including psu, gpu and storage, with the exception of putting it into a new case and it booted.

But then I decided to try and install my copy of windows on my ssd which never really worked (Kingston A400 240gb) So I reformatted my hard drive and tried to clone my hdd to it.

After several failed attempts I ended up in a boot loop where I would sit on a black screen with a cursor appearing if I moved my mouse but nothing else. 

I went through windows troubleshooter several times but I couldnt escape it. Now my Hdd has been wiped in an attempt to install and now my ssd has a non working version of windows 10.

I then managed to find my old DVD drive and attempted to install windows 7 home premium from disk in Hopes I could upgrade it to windows 10 from there.

But none of my peripherals were recognised, so I disabled a few USB options in the bios (switched to legacy disabled) and now my system lights up. Including CPU, GPU, RAM and the power notification light. But no post.

I just upgraded from an fx 6300 and was really excited but now I don't know what to do. Does anyone know anything that I could try?

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

put windows 10 on a bootable usb and install from there.

Windows 7 won't work on that system.

My guess of why its not working off the old drives is the old drive is setup in legacy boot mode, and the new one is set to uefi only.

Okay thanks I'll have a shot, just couldnt find an 8GB USB so that's what put me in the mess in the first place

1 minute ago, G405T said:

Okay thanks I'll have a shot, just couldnt find an 8GB USB so that's what put me in the mess in the first place

Got a blank DVD? You could use the Media Creation tool to burn a Windows 10 install DVD.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Also, your Windows 7 key will work for Windows 10 if that's also a concern. Just make sure you match Home Premium to regular Windows 10 and Professional to 10 Pro. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Windows 7 doesn't support any version of Ryzen and straight up doesn't work on Ryzen 3k out of the box. I strongly suggest you use something newer that is currently supported but if you're dead set on using 7 you can try this guide

Spoiler

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Got a blank DVD? You could use the Media Creation tool to burn a Windows 10 install DVD.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Also, your Windows 7 key will work for Windows 10 if that's also a concern. Just make sure you match Home Premium to regular Windows 10 and Professional to 10 Pro. 

Yeah thanks I didnt think of that actually, just hope the no post issue is related

1 minute ago, G405T said:

Yeah thanks I didnt think of that actually, just hope the no post issue is related

For the no post issue, have you cleared the CMOS yet to reset all BIOS settings to factory defaults? 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

if i nderstand yout pc is booting....

First, you dont have drivets for w7 with that mb,cpugpu. 
Just put W10 on USB, disconect HDD, and put new copy of w on ssd. If its work, conect hdd and raid, or run recovery softver.... idk what u want.
If ssd dont instal W10, its posible that ssd is bad ( Kingston a400 have wery bad rep. )... instam w on hdd, or buy new..
ps. Run Sentinel hdd.

if pc go on and off, or on and black screen , than its a bios problem,, flash it.
bad OC ..

Edited by S4Ca

Thanks everyone, I managed to get my pc posting by resetting the cmos, and after a couple of failed windows installs due to a dodgy usb, I've managed to get my system sorted