1400$ pc build. How can I save money?

tihor29

I wany to bring this builds cost down to about 1375$ but I want to keep this graphics card, cpu and mobo. Thanks.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Microcenter)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (Purchased For $0.00)

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G55 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.99 @ Microcenter)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($82.95 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($324.98 @ SuperBiiz)

Wireless Network Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter ($26.99 @ B&H)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($119.99 @ Mwave)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Microcenter)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) (Purchased For $0.00)

Monitor: Asus VS247H-P 23.6" Monitor ($157.00 @ Amazon)

Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($129.99 @ NCIX US)

Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Other: NZXT CB-LED10-BU Sleeved LED Kit - Blue, 1 m ($13.98)

Total: $1415.79

You could get the LED kit later and also do you think you will need the DVD writer? Its an easy way to save money if you don't plan on using it past windows installation.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

you Could Cut out the wireless adapter unless you really need it

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Drop the lights, and the DVD player.

Install windows by putting it into another computer, and making a bootable USB.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

You might also consider a different case, although the R4 is awesome.

The LEDs should automatically be taken out of that list.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You could get the LED kit later and also do you think you will need the DVD writer? Its an easy way to save money if you don't plan on using it past windows installation.

Drop the lights, and the DVD player.

Install windows by putting it into another computer, and making a bootable USB.

You two do know you need a dvd drive to install Windows, right?

Get rid of the H100i and get a EVO 212 instead. That'll shave off a good chunk of cash.

I would ditch the K70 for now and just find a keyboard that you like typing on that is lying around (I picked one up from my office that was lying unused)

Specs: CPU: FX 8350 MOBO: Crosshair V Formula-Z RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Beast 1600Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce GHz Edition PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: Corsair 750D Storage: Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD 2TB Green + WD 200GB Black (non-functional/to take up space) Monitor: ASUS PB238Q Upgrade Plans Herehttp://pcpartpicker.com/user/chipsndip104/saved/3AAt

Get rid of the H100i and get a EVO 212 instead. That'll shave off a good chunk of cash.

You do know that you can install windows on a flash drive :P

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

It says 'purchased for $0.00', he probably has it from a previous build or from a friend.

You do know that you can install windows on a flash drive :P

You do know Windows comes in a DISK, right?

It says 'purchased for $0.00', he probably has it from a previous build or from a friend.

Did not notice that... :D

No you don't. You can use a bootable USB device. You can put the CD into a different computer, and install it to the USB to make it bootable, then insert that into his new computer, and install from there.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

You do know Windows comes in a DISK, right?

Did not notice that... :D

No you don't. You can use a bootable USB device. You can put the CD into a different computer, and install it to the USB to make it bootable, then insert that into his new computer, and install from there.

or, you could download the iso from the interwebz and load it onto a flash drive. Therefore bypassing the CD drive entirely and going with a cheaper route

or, you could download the iso from the interwebz and load it onto a flash drive. Therefore bypassing the CD drive entirely and going with a cheaper route

That's possible if the OP can do that, not everyone has access to a dvd drive. They may also need it for work or projects too.

He could do that, and use the code from his CD too. Giving him legit windows, without the 30 dollar piece of unneccessarity.

If you don't get free shipping from somewhere, buy it from somewhere else that your are already buying products from, save money

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

760 instead of 770, CX500 instead of CX600

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

You picked quite nice components. If you weren't looking for ways to save money, I would suggest abetter PSU.

But you could buy the cooler, LEDs and SSD later. Also, you could save money ond the DVD drive.

That's mostly without hurting the performance.

You picked a solid board. I wouldn't change that.

Aslo, remember: You can always buy an SSD later and just move the files (Samsung has a program for it), but upgrading a GPU is a pain in the ass.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

H100I (purchased for $0.00)

why would he get rid of it if it was free?