Last chance before putting first build in the basement...

BakaTechDude_01

Okay so, I’m done with my build. 
I’ve done everything I know how to do and I’m coming here to get any help I can.

I recently built my first computer! Yay!

Its not working.

Everything lights up and the fans spin; However, the cpu and ram lights are solid red, nothing pops up on my monitor and  I don’t know how to fix them (also my usb ports might now work but I’m not sure if that’s me or not).

I triple checked every cord and connection in the computer, unplugged everything and put them back, bought a completely different brand and megahertz of ram and cleared cmos.

I can’t go into the bios to see if there is a problem because I can’t access the bios!

Nothing is fixing the problem, I don’t know what else to do and I can’t look at this thing anymore.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

My specs:

athlon 3000g (I will be putting in a Ryzen 3700x, I’m just updating the bios with the athlon)

MSI x470 gaming plus

GTX 1080

2 sticks of g.skill ripgaws 8gb 3600ghz (my first ram was 2 sticks of 8 gb 3000mhz Corsair vengeance LPX)

1TB sandisk ssd

EVGA 650 supernova platinum

Corsair iCUE 220t mid-tower case

( a 2 tb hard drive will be put in after I get windows 10 installed)

Again. I don’t know what’s wrong, I’ve considered my cpu cord is backwards but I don’t think that’s possible.

Thanks again for anyone that can help.

8A42104B-6052-49D4-9F84-CB1971ABF6A5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, BakaTechDude_01 said:

athlon 3000g (I will be putting in a Ryzen 3700x, I’m just updating the bios with the athlon)

You can't. They're both third gen. Doesn't matter that the Athlon uses Zen, it's still too new.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You can't. They're both third gen. Doesn't matter that the Athlon uses Zen, it's still too new.

Agree. Unless the motherboard has a Ryzen 3000 Ready sticker on it then you're also going to need a different CPU to update the BIOS as well.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 5/24/2020 at 10:06 AM, Lurick said:

Ummm, you don't have any power plugged into the GPU's 8 pin

Thank you, I know that already um, I didn’t plug it in because I was waiting for the cpu to work.

Just now, BakaTechDude_01 said:

Thank you, I know that already um, I didn’t plug it in because I was waiting for the cpu to work.

If the GPU is in the motherboard but not powered then it will fail to POST but as @Fasauceome mentioned the Athlon 3000G won't work if the board isn't already Ryzen 3000 ready.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 5/24/2020 at 10:08 AM, Lurick said:

Agree. Unless the motherboard has a Ryzen 3000 Ready sticker on it then you're also going to need a different CPU to update the BIOS as well.

Wow. Okay, thank you guys. What should I do then? Just take the hit and get an x570 board? From what I know that’s all zen 3 works on nativity.

1 minute ago, BakaTechDude_01 said:

Wow. Okay, thank you guys. What should I do then? Just take the hit and get an x570 board? From what I know that’s all zen 3 works on nativity.

Got a friend or local shop that can lend a second or first gen CPU?

Any of the motherboards from MSI with MAX in the name are also compatible with third gen ryzen.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

There is the option to get a boot kit from AMD but you need a credit card for them to put a hold on until you ship the CPU back. You could see if a local shop will flash an updated BIOS for you as well for a few bucks. The third option would be to get an MSI B450 MAX series board as those are Ryzen 3000 compatible out of the box guaranteed.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Got a friend or local shop that can lend a second or first gen CPU?

Any of the motherboards from MSI with MAX in the name are also compatible with third gen ryzen.

There are a couple of computer repair shops in my area, maybe I’ll do that.

Geek Squad at best buy could also be an option I guess.

Great ideas all around.

Thank you all so much.😭
oh and Lurick I will plug in that 8-pin for the cpu.

I do have a final question tho. Will doing any of these fix my ram problem?

I know a bit in the technical knowledge of PCs but motherboards, ram compatibility and cases are still....confusing.

2 minutes ago, BakaTechDude_01 said:

I do have a final question tho. Will doing any of these fix my ram problem?

I know a bit in the technical knowledge of PCs but motherboards, ram compatibility and cases are still....confusing.

What is the ram problem? Your original post mentions a replacement of your old 3000MHz ram but you didn't say why.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

What is the ram problem? Your original post mentions a replacement of your old 3000MHz ram but you didn't say why.

Ah. I apologize about that.

Both ram lights are soiled red.

From what I know that is bad.

I replaced my ram once already and the light is still a solid red on both slots. I don’t know if both sticks are dead, incompatible or if there is another problem that is making them red.

Or the red is fine and I just don’t know what I’m doing yet.

Ah. I apologize about that.

Both ram lights are soiled red.

From what I know that is bad.

I replaced my ram once already and the light is still a solid red on both slots. I don’t know if both sticks are dead, incompatible or if there is another problem that is making them red.

Or the red is fine and I just don’t know what I’m doing yet.

With an incompatible CPU, the board could be throwing random errors out like crazy. Definitely wait until you have a compatible CPU to decide on the ram 

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

With an incompatible CPU, the board could be throwing random errors out like crazy. Definitely wait until you have a compatible CPU to decide on the ram 

Fair point.

I guess I’m going to take that cpu out then. Thank you.