Bose 700 for gaming

Tedz002
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

I would go wireless gaming headset over the Bose 700 any day. I don't really think the 700 is worth any of the money imthey are asking for. For the price the sound quality is a problem. The anc is great but man it doesn't even sound as good as a $200 headphone let alone a $400 one. The sonys and qc 35s present a better value imo. But would not game with any Bluetooth can anyway even with aptx LL the latency is still noticably high for gaming. And Bluetooth on windows can sometimes be pretty unreliable.

I already have a gaming headset (hyperX cloud flight), but I'm going to be buying the bose 700s shortly (for music, etc.) and I was wondering whether or not there's any noticable latency. If there's not I may switch to the bose as my main headphones (and buy a separate mic for discord and games). I frequently play CSGO and other similar games that are very reliant on low-latency, precise audio (though I'm not super competitive - I simply don't want to die due to bad/late audio cues).

TLDR: 'Is the bluetooth latency of the bose 700s sufficiently low enough for competitive PC games?'

I appreciate any advice 😁

Apparently the Bose 700s have improved latency, but idk how good it is. One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a audio cable that is included with them (terminating in a 1/8in connector), which I would think would make latency a non-issue. P.S., apparently the mic in the Bose 700s isn't bad, but I'd still think a separate mic would be better, although it seems like you could probably get by for a little bit without a seperate mic.

you mentioned that the bose 700s are a purchase for music mostly, if that isn't on the go and utilizing the ANC, you'd be much better off getting a different headphone solution for $400. For example, the HD6XXs and the Schiit Audio Magni would sound significantly better and would have more of an upgrade path, at the expense of portability, as the headphones are open-back.

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

7 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

Apparently the Bose 700s have improved latency, but idk how good it is. One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a audio cable that is included with them (terminating in a 1/8in connector), which I would think would make latency a non-issue. P.S., apparently the mic in the Bose 700s isn't bad, but I'd still think a separate mic would be better, although it seems like you could probably get by for a little bit without a seperate mic.

you mentioned that the bose 700s are a purchase for music mostly, if that isn't on the go and utilizing the ANC, you'd be much better off getting a different headphone solution for $400. For example, the HD6XXs and the Schiit Audio Magni would sound significantly better and would have more of an upgrade path, at the expense of portability, as the headphones are open-back.

Thanks for the information and recommendation; but now that I've had a couple of wireless gaming headsets, I'm not sure I could go back to wired - though I'm sure the sound of the sennheisers is far superior. Also, I'm not particularly looking get a new PC headset (since I bought the hyperXs not too long ago and they do the job more than adequately), but it would be a nice side benefit.

Just now, Tedz002 said:

Thanks for the information and recommendation; but now that I've had a couple of wireless gaming headsets, I'm not sure I could go back to wired - though I'm sure the sound of the sennheisers is far superior. Also, I'm not particularly looking get a new PC headset (since I bought the hyperXs not too long ago and they do the job more than adequately), but it would be a nice side benefit.

yeah, i figured there was a reason you were looking at the bose 700s, just wanted to make sure you knew there were other options with different pros and cons

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

I would go wireless gaming headset over the Bose 700 any day. I don't really think the 700 is worth any of the money imthey are asking for. For the price the sound quality is a problem. The anc is great but man it doesn't even sound as good as a $200 headphone let alone a $400 one. The sonys and qc 35s present a better value imo. But would not game with any Bluetooth can anyway even with aptx LL the latency is still noticably high for gaming. And Bluetooth on windows can sometimes be pretty unreliable.