Google Pixel 4a release pushed back again.

Senzelian

At first it was speculated that the launch of the Google Pixel 4a would be聽this month.

The original launch datewas widely expected to be in May this year.Its predecessor, the Pixel 3a, was released on May 8th 2019 and Google I/O was scheduled to happen between May 12th and May 14th 2020, which likely would鈥檝e been the platform to launch the new handset.聽

Then of course Google's I/O event was cancelled, but it was still expected to launch at the beginning of June.

But, like every other major tech event, Google I/O was cancelled because of the COVID-19 outbreak. It remains unclear when Google will announce what it planned to reveal at the event.聽

A new release date for the 4a was expected for June, as my colleagueDavid Phelan reported. This was based on the date Google plans to launch the Android 11 public beta via a live stream.聽

Now a leaker named Jon Prosser claimed that the launch would be pushed back again.

Analyst and reliable leaker Jon Prosserposted on Twitterlast night that his sources have confirmed yet another delay to the Pixel 4a release date.聽

pixel 4a verpackung

Personally I hate this move.
The phones are ready to ship as you can see in the picture above and I think in a couple of months it might be too late for the launch and no one will be interested anymore.

The one thing that bothers me about my Pixel 3a XL is the display. It's just not bright enough and the colors are washed out and I was really excited for the 4a to hopefully fix that.

Now I might not buy one and instead wait for the 5a or even just buy the Pixel 5.

Sources:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jaymcgregor/2020/05/21/google-pixel-4a-release-date-delayed/#181efbd134e

https://www.googlewatchblog.de/2020/05/pixel4a-googles-smartphone-verkaufsstart-august/

https://twitter.com/jon_prosser

A couple of months won't change anything. People will still be interested, especially if it launches at the rumored pricing.

The 5a is still very, very far away; no one interested in the 4a is going to be like "oh, I guess I might as well wait another 9 months and get the 5a."

If they are, they weren't that interested to begin with.

The Pixel 5 is twice the price. It's in a different league.

That said, it is an odd move. It's almost like they don't want to hold an online only event.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think it is more Google being afraid of low sale number at release due to the current situation. It also kinda makes sense, where many lost their jobs and not open to spend anything, and those who do have jobs are insecure as a result, and well, not spending.

A phone is expensive, and even if you get it on a plan, it is a multi-year agreement that you are jumping into and you don't know about the future.

28 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

A phone is expensive, and even if you get it on a plan, it is a multi-year agreement that you are jumping into and you don't know about the future.

You could just buy the phone by itself unlocked for the lump of $350 on eBay by the end of the year...........and try an MNVO like Mint for $15 per month!

31 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

3000mAh battery聽馃ぎ

Remember that the SoC is significantly lower power consuming than top the line ones, while still delivery great performance, especially with Google excellent optimization work. No drop frame in animations, no lag, no waiting for things to load. Pixel 3a have 2 days of battery life, easy.聽

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

3000mAh battery聽馃ぎ

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Remember that the SoC is significantly lower power consuming than top the line ones, while still delivery great performance, especially with Google excellent optimization work. No drop frame in animations, no lag, no waiting for things to load. Pixel 3a have 2 days of battery life, easy.聽

And that's just for the 4a, right? Not for the Pixel 4a XL, which will likely have a larger battery.