Question about torrents

Hi, i have question, I wanted to download 100gb torrent but i have 42gb on system disc and 200gb on disc i want download file to, and do i need to have 100gb on my system disc too? like i dont know so pls someone answer

no

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Can't really understand your question. But it's against the rules to talk about piracy here. While, torrents can be used legitimately, they're usually not. But to answer what I think is your question, always have twice the disk space for whatever your downloading. 100gb file? Have 200gbs available to unzip/uncompress or install it. You should still be able to download that file provided you have at least 100gbs available, but you might not be able to use or install whatever that might be.

yes i have 200gb but on disc i want to install the file, do i need 100gb on system disc too cus of something?

4 minutes ago, jan guZiec said:

Hi, i have question, I wanted to download 100gb torrent but i have 42gb on system disc and 200gb on disc i want download file to, and do i need to have 100gb on my system disc too? like i dont know so pls someone answer

Most torrent clients allow you to select parts of the torrent to download.

So, for example, you could select only 30-35 GB of the torrent to download (if torrent contains multiple files) and when done, you can delete the torrent from the client.

Now, you can open the torrent again in the client, select the other files you didn't download, and specify to download in another location

Most torrent clients don't allow you to have one torrent download in two locations at same time, that's why you would have to delete the torrent and open it again (to specify new download destination for the other files)

Still you have to think further ... what happens when you're done downloading? If you download 100 GB of something that's archived (rar files) you would still have to decompress everything, so you need double the amount of disk space

My advice is to install 7zip - it's open source and can decompress rar files as well.

You can download the contents of torrent files on any disk you want, it doesn't matter. Once the torrent is completed, you can do whatever you want with whats inside.

It could be a movie that can be played right away, it could be a bunch of music files, or it could be some archived content.

If it's a bunch of rar files (archives) then you'd have to open the first part of the archive with a program and extract the contents somewhere ... again, it doesn't matter where.

There's no distinction between the drive where your operating system is aka "system disc" and your other drive, both can store files and the contents of a torrent is just files.

wait. ill repeat the question. When im extracting file on second disk do i need the same amount on OS disk to for example store it in temp?

3 minutes ago, jan guZiec said:

wait. ill repeat the question. When im extracting file on second disk do i need the same amount on OS disk to for example store it in temp?

Depends on how you extract it. Usually you don't get temporary files .

If you use drag and drop  ( open an archive with Winrar or 7zip , then drag a file from inside archive outside into Windows Explorer folder), then the file may be extracted in a temporary folder on the system drive first then moved to that folder.... it's a limitation of the operating system I think,

If you want to avoid that, right click on the first archive of the set, select Extract to and choose where to extract and no temporary files should be created.

And again, use 7-zip : https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Just now, jan guZiec said:

but do 7zip extract .iso?

Yes, 7-zip can open and extract files from ISOs but you usually don't want to do that.

You usually don't extract ISOs ... an ISO is a disk image. You open the ISO files in a virtual cd/dvd drive.

For example, download and install ImDisk Toolkit : https://sourceforge.net/projects/imdisk-toolkit/

It's a software which creates ram drives (if you want to) and also can create virtual CD / DVD drives as you want.

So basically you'd simply right click on the ISO file, and select Mount using ImDisk  or something like that ... and you can select the drive letter and hit OK, and a new dvd drive will show up in Windows Explorer and you can run the files directly from the ISO image, or copy the files from inside the iso image somewhere (like extracting them)

When you're done, you simply right click on the drive letter and select "Unmount" to make the drive letter disappear.

but in windows 10 u dont need to do that i think, last time i sa mount option without any programs

You didn't say what Windows you have, and you seem like a noob, and in lots of countries with poorer population Windows 7 is still popular, so assuming everyone has Windows 10 is silly.

It's still a cool software package, free, open source, and it allows you to make temporary ram drives which can be useful for lots of things... may also be able to open some disc images Windows doesn't support normally.

// typing on a Windows 7 laptop ... would make no sense updating to Windows 10 due to the components inside.

if i didn't say what windows i have then go to my profile and check by yourself. So if i wan't to extract for example iso file i don't need the same space on system disc (rmb and extract...).