Slightly different soft tube build (3950X, 2080TI)

elron

Hi there,

i have been a PC enthusiast quite a while. My first serious build (in 2003) was a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ that i overclocked the shit out of with a ATI Radeon 9500 that i bios flashed to a 9700 Pro to get better benchmark scores including having artifacts all over my screen. Did that for a while until i blew the Northbridge on my Motherboard somehow. Good times! I believe i had another more genereic 64 bit Athlon after that, and Intel systems ever since. So i was quite excited to do another AMD build after all this time, and as a added bonus I also finally did my first custom water loop - wanting to do one for many years but buying AIOs instead.

So here is what i went with:

• AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

• ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

• 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 DDR4

• my existing Nvidia RTX 2080Ti Founders Edition

• Fractal Design Meshify S2 White

• Fractal Design Flex VRC-25 PCIe Riser Cable Kit

• Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W Power Supply

• CableMod PRO ModMesh Cable Extension Kit Black/White

• Samsung 1TB NVME 970 Evo Plus System Drive

• Samsung 2 TB 860 Evo for everything else

• 6x Noctua 120mm NF-F12 PWM Chromax Black Swap 1500RPM Fan

• EK Velocity D-RGB CPU Waterblock AMD Nickel Plexi

• EK Quantum Vector Waterblock RTX RE D-RGB Nickel Plexi & Black Backplate

• EK Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 D-RGB Reservoir Pump Combo

• EK CoolStream PE 360 Triple Radiator (Front)

• EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Radiator (Top)

• EK Torque Fittings, Matte Black Rubber Tubing & CyroFuel Clear

So i chose to run the tubing quite a bit different to what i have previously seen on other soft tube build and run most of it hidden & through the back of the case. This worked out just fine with no kinking etc. I blew through the completed loop and there was not much back pressure at all.

plain.jpg.acee330c9670364ca035a09a2f5ee22a.jpg

One issue i came across is that the 24Pin extension was defective and i had to remove that for now. I'm pretty stoked on how it came out in the end and it's been a blast to use so far. Only issue is that it runs so quiet even under heavy load that the coil whine on my RTX 2080TI became veeery audiile. 

rgbbarf.thumb.jpg.75b88a7850bd413926bf8bc92f2c210b.jpg

Those pictures where taken just after filling the loop, no more bubbles now.

What's your rad setup?

And I can honestly say that I don't like soft tube builds personally (or distro plates, or verticle gpu mounts, I guess I'm an old soul), but routing all the extra tubing in the back like you did made it very clean and very simple. I dig it.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 minute ago, Statik said:

What's your rad setup?

And I can honestly say that I don't like soft tube builds personally (or distro plates, or verticle gpu mounts, I guess I'm an old soul), but routing all the extra tubing in the back like you did made it very clean and very simple. I dig it.

Cheers! I always thought the same, until i somehow came up with this idea, and put some "research" into it. Loop order does not seem to make any difference until you are close to the thermal limit of your rads which is not even close with 2 360s, and therefore I went with looks rather than easy install.

40mm 360 in the front, ports in the bottom including drain port, 26mm 360 up top ports to the rear of the case. This picture of the rear should make it more obvious:

rear.thumb.jpg.8f9760d5c4452e5d4f0db9fecffd7091.jpg

Loop order is Pump - GPU - CPU - Top Rad - Front Rad - Reservoir

The top rad tubig is tight, but it fits, no kinking or excessive strain on the fittings from what i can tell. The rad is mounted as far back as possible to make more room for the tubing. 

Im a bit confused...how does the GPU and CPU connect to the loop? From my perspective, it looks like the GPU is only connected to the CPU and vice versa.

EDIT: NVM, i missed the line coming out of the back of the GPU.

9 minutes ago, kkpatel87 said:

Im a bit confused...how does the GPU and CPU connect to the loop? From my perspective, it looks like the GPU is only connected to the CPU and vice versa.

EDIT: NVM, i missed the line coming out of the back of the GPU.

Yep, both in and out are on the back of the GPU