What do you play games for?

ManOfDisguise

What type of gamer are you? Do you play games to reach a certain goal or do you just play them to kill time and just have fun.

If you play games to reach a certain goal in them, what goal is it that you are trying to reach in most of your games? Beat campaings? Have good stats?(KD, WL ratios - competitive gamer), Get every achievment you can?(completionist), explore big open worlds? etc.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Play games for stats but also to kill time and have fun :D

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I'm trying to have fun but I do that by playing games that capture my heart. It depends on the situation honestly. Titanfall is just fun and I just want to succeed.

But I'd rather play a game that I can be emotionally involved in due to the story and characters that challenges me. Dark Souls comes to mind.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

To water it all down to the reason why. I play games to have fun with friends and make new friends.

Because i want time to pass as quckly as possible...  :mellow:

I only play in the hope I find my true love.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

basically for fun. Im looking at my stats too though. If i fail really hard at one day i rage quit and wait a little before playing that game again :D

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I play games Becuase it's the only way I can get away from work and my temper

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I'm not sure.. I want to play a lot of games for fun, but also don't want to waste time.

Because I can only sleep so many hours of the day away.

Escapism. I have a rather large number of personal issues to deal with, so when it all gets to be too much I go and play games.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

I play computer games because it is fun. Like any pastime you enjoy, as long as it doesn't start to overwhelm your life it is cool.  

Nothing to see here - move along.

I'd have to say Escapism as well. I love to shut myself off from the world and bury myself into a game. For me it's a very solitary experience. I get the piss taken out of me at work for not liking multiplayer games like cod/bf. I just prefer my gaming time be spent by myself exploring new worlds/settings. 

Just recently bought the STALKER bundle from GOG.com and modded it up. Man you could cut the atmosphere of those games with a knife! 

i5 3570k @4.3Ghz -- GTX 970@1400Mhz -- 8GB 1866Mhz RAM -- Gigabyte Z77-D3H -- Fractal Design R5

It is hard to beat the entertainment hrs per dollar that a game gives, on skyrim alone, I spent $30 to buy, I have played more then 130 hrs on it, where else am I going find entertainment like that for a quarter and hr? 

I do it for fun and just plan old entertainment.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

To forget my life and my failed goals. 

This too.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

What type of gamer are you? Do you play games to reach a certain goal or do you just play them to kill time and just have fun.

If you play games to reach a certain goal in them, what goal is it that you are trying to reach in most of your games? Beat campaings? Have good stats?(KD, WL ratios - competitive gamer), Get every achievment you can?(completionist), explore big open worlds? etc.

Bored/pass the time as well as the social aspect playing with your real life friends or talking to people over voice/text chat. 

I mostly play Battlefield since I think it's an aweosme feeling to win a Conquest map or just getting the feeling of doing something good for your team! And also mopping the floor with my chopper ;)

I usually play for stories, fun and achieving something that I would never achieve in real life, like being a dragonborn... or piloting F15... or race an F1...  <_<

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Have fun, not focus on something.  Mostly however to immerse myself in a world that I can do things I wouldn't usually be able to do.  Just shut myself off in general

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I'm serving 3 consecutive life terms in prison.  No Prison Architect jokes plz.

Shits, giggles, and stats. I'm not a huge fan of big dramatic stories games portray these days. I enjoy lighthearted or down to earth immersion because I wan't to be uplifted in spirit.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I play games because I find it entertaining and waste my time if I got nothing to do.

CPU - Intel Core i5-4440 @ 3.1GHz | MOBO - ASUS H97-PLUS | RAM - Kingston HyperX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866MHz |

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Storage - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD |

Chassis - Corsair 400R | PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 720W |

A little from column A, a little from column B.  

Mystery is the source of all true science.