I need the quietest keyboard ever

nmsxsu

Hey all,

I need a very quiet keyboard for my night gaming / working sessions. I really liked razer products before, I had a Blackwidow Elite and an Huntsman Elite, and I also tried many other brands suggested by my friends or that I found on YouTube reviews, but they were all WAAAAAY too loud and also, most of them were a nightmare to clean. So I decided to give up on mechanicals and I switched to my much beloved Logitech Craft. I am in love with this thing. It's literally flawless, quiet, typing feels great and I found a lot of uses for the crown, especially in the professional applications I use for work. But my worst fear about this keyboard was that, since It's bluetooth / dongle only (There's a wire but it's only for charging) it would disconnect, mid gaming or typing. And that's exactly what happened just after a couple of weeks. At first it didn't do it that often so I didn't think about it that much, but this week it's going crazy. The keyboard doesn't disconnect for any apparent reason, it just disconnects at some point, and then reconnects back, over and over. I tried everything, I really don't want to return it because I don't think I'll find anything even close to this. But I'm pretty desperate at this point, I can't play anything serious because I'm afraid to stand still in the middle of the map, and since I also type A LOT during the day, it just stops working and then types all the words at the same time.

I already tried contacting Logitech support but they replied after a week and they didn't help me at all. I think they have the worst support ever, after razer. At least they replied.

So I'm asking you guys for a substitute, it just needs to be SUPER silent and wired, cause I'm not buying wireless stuff again. Preferably low profile, minimal stuff. Oh and don't tell me to try "Cherry MX Red or Brown" or "Razer Orange" or both with O-Rings. I already tried, and they were still loud. I don't want it to be flashy with crazy RGB (When I had gaming keyboards I put them on full white anyway) or have macros and other gimmicks, I just want to have a great typing experience while not feeling like I'm shooting an MG42. Thanks in advance.

Try dedicated silent switches, like Cherry MX Silent red or Silent black, they have integrated dampening pads on the switch stem, 10000x more effective than o rings. I would suggest the Leopold 750r/900r/980r as they have high quality 1.5mm PBT Doubleshot caps and a dampening felt layer beneath the pcb and comes with the option for silent switches. Imo it's the best pre built keyboard and probabily the most silent mx prebuilt. 

You can also take a look at the Silence Topre realforce keyboards they're really really quiet, except the stablizers which are quite loud but you can remedy that with some lube. 

There's a lot more options if you decide to go the custom route as well.

HP Collaboration keyboard.Apple keyboard for 1/3rd price...

6 hours ago, b emoji said:

Try dedicated silent switches, like Cherry MX Silent red or Silent black, they have integrated dampening pads on the switch stem, 10000x more effective than o rings. I would suggest the Leopold 750r/900r/980r as they have high quality 1.5mm PBT Doubleshot caps and a dampening felt layer beneath the pcb and comes with the option for silent switches. Imo it's the best pre built keyboard and probabily the most silent mx prebuilt. 

You can also take a look at the Silence Topre realforce keyboards they're really really quiet, except the stablizers which are quite loud but you can remedy that with some lube. 

There's a lot more options if you decide to go the custom route as well.

unfortunately none of the keyboards you listed are available on amazon.it and I forgot to mention, I need to buy something there, because if I refund this, it's going to be refunded on my amazon account. I only found a Realforce, but it's not backlit, costs 300€ and the vendor is sketchy af. Is it complicated to build a custom kb? can I achieve something similar to the Craft in terms of typing?