DPC Latency nightmare (realtek network)

Taja

So, basically I have been having this problem for ages, after being on for some time the pc starts to lag (the cursor, audio cracks and stutters, video lags and stutters). I noticed it is really bad when there is a lot of network traffic, like torrents or lots of tabs being opened. So I saw on the monitor a high usage of cpu by "system interrupts" and after some time, got the DPC latency checker and checked drivers.

By disabling the realtek network driver, the stutters go away and the dpc checker also shows a big improvement - so I concluded that the realtek driver is the culprit. The image shows the imediate drop on latency as soon as I disable the driver.

BUT I JUST CANT FIX IT!!!

Disabling the driver means I have no internet, and I tried different versions of the driver (2015,2017,2018, 2020) and the problem persists. I tried disabling some WOL settings of the driver, I tried everything I could find, and the problem just persists. im honestly feeling out of options, I have this problem for years and the only "fix" I found is reseting the pc, and when it starts again, I reset it again. it works, but it sucks to have to restart the pc multiple times per day.

It will stutter mostly when there is a quick change in the pitch of the audio stream and other random times. There are times when it won't stutter at all and other times when it stutters for a while.

I downloaded a DPC Latency Checker and I noticed that when I disabled the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller from Device Manager the latency would disappear and audio worked perfectly...however that driver is responsible for my internet connection so I can't just leave it disabled.

I tried rolling back the driver to the one from 2013 but that didn't help. I downloaded the most recent version also and installed it from the Realtek site but the problem persists.

How can I fix this latency issue and still have internet connection capabilities?

This is a quote from a random guy online from 3 years ago, and his topic had zero answers. low hopes on this one :/

shite problem.png

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

A windows reinstall could fix the issue you're having, potentially if you have 2 drive in your system install windows on the drive without windows and remove the one with windows already installed to see if it changes anything. If not, then plug your drive back in and delete the new windows installation.

The other solution to this is getting a separate network card, like an expansion card for your system, however it is not guaranteed to fix your issues.

15 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

A windows reinstall could fix the issue you're having, potentially if you have 2 drive in your system install windows on the drive without windows and remove the one with windows already installed to see if it changes anything. If not, then plug your drive back in and delete the new windows installation.

The other solution to this is getting a separate network card, like an expansion card for your system, however it is not guaranteed to fix your issues.

I had the same issue with my last pc, after changing the mobo+cpu+ram the problem persisted. then I formated my SSD and did a fresh install of windows, same problem.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Your WAN Miniport (IP) has an exclamation mark ... that's some kind of problem, probably resources or something.

Anyway ... Have you considered an obvious fix ... unless you have a laptop, why not go for a separate pci-e x1 or pci (if your board still has pci slots ) from another manufacturer, like Intel or Broadcom or others?

You can find gigabit cards on ebay for something like 5-10$ and you should have a pci-e x1 slot free above the video card or at the bottom below the video card ... so you can go in bios and disable the onboard network card completely and install separate network card

examples (sellers that ship to Brazil) , these are around 16-18$ in total : 

HP Broadcom Gigabit PCI-e Network Ethernet Card BCM95761A6110G 488293-001 | eBay

Dell Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet Dual Port PCIE Server Network Adapter Card G218C | eBay

HP Broadcom Gigabit PCI-e Network Ethernet Card BCM95761A6110G 488293-001 | eBay

Intel 82573L Chipset Ethernet Controller 1000M Desktop PCIe Network Adapter Card | eBay

INTEL 82573L Gigabit 1000Mbps PCI-e Ethernet Network Adapter Controller Card | eBay

Yeah it costs money ... but think about it, you say this problem stressed you for ages and you couldn't fix it... maybe approach it from different angle.

^ +1
If difference version of drivers couldn't fix it, get a separate NIC. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |