I've FINALLY overclocked my GPU!

After about two weeks of learning (just built my first ever PC) I wanted to share my results with my gpu. I couldn't find any reliable information about anyone else with this card on YouTube, or any internet forums for that matter  The leading video has a dude underclocking his by 65 MHz. I've heard of undervolting to get lower temps, but underclocking to get more FPS? No thanks.

Voltage: 1200

Power: +20(max allowed)

Core Clock: 2114 MHz (+50 over stock OC)

Mem Clock: 1800 MHz (+50 over stock)

Fan: User curve up to 100% at 50°c

I got about a 9.5% boost to my benchmark scores in Heaven, Time Spy, and Fire Strike. More importantly, my gaming is not crashing and is able to run 4k 60FPS(THE Outer Worlds). About 5.5% of my boost was surprisingly from adjusting ONLY the power and fan curve, leaving the core at 2064 and memory at 1750.

MSI Afterburner was definitely the best to do this with, as Adrenalin seems to reset settings every time you boot. My monitor is 4k 60 hz for anyone curious as to o why I stated those benchmarks. I will be transitioning to a new monitor in the next couple months to do 1440/144.

I now have overclocked my CPU, my RAM, and my GPU. and I have never been more satisfied with an accomplishment (as far as hobbies go, I love my kids and family).

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X   COOLER: Kraken X63   GPU: Zotac Trinity RTX 3090    MOBO:  Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  

RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL 16   STORAGE: Viper Gen 4 1Tb SSD VP4100 +Viper NVME SSD 512Gb + Seagate 1 TB HDD 7200rpm  

PSU: NZXT 850 watt 80+ Gold  CASE: NZXT 510 Elite   MONITOR: Primary: LG 48" CX OLED--Secondary Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-P 1440p 165Hz IPS

Pretty awesome you got your settings tuned in. I've tried OC'ing my 1070 before but reached the max it can go. Had to upgrade it anyway but I don't even touch the settings on it except the fan curve to get better performance. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"