Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

YouTube Question

Nano Adam
 Share

Go to solution Solved by PlayStation 2,
Just now, Nano Adam said:

Thank You! This is the best answer I had in all of this discussion! 

Just a little word of advice, uploading copyrighted material on YouTube is an extremely iffy thing to mess with, speaking from personal experience. But if all of the videos are just being claimed for monetization, you should largely be safe.

So, some of the YouTube videos I watch are country restricted so I use a VPN. However, I just decided to download them, then upload them to YouTube Privately on my own account so I can enjoy them without a VPN hassle. But when I did, YouTube said it found copyright claim. Is there anything that could go wrong?? 

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, your account will be closed if you continue to do that.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What content is blocked in good ol' America?  

2 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

some of the YouTube videos I watch are country restricted

 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yes, your account will be closed if you continue to do that.

How if the videos are private. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

How if the videos are private. 

Because you're uploading videos to your own channel that you do not have the rights to. Private or not, Youtube flags this as Copyright violation.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

 

CPU Ryzen 5 5600x GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-U12S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

A TV show from my country Pakistan! 

I believe you just answered your question right there.

19 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

How if the videos are private. 

Below is the answer.

12 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Because you're uploading videos to your own channel that you do not have the rights to. Private or not, Youtube flags this as Copyright violation.

You are lucky that YouTube flags it. The worst case it would have been a lawyer emailing you with a fine / case (If they did decide to pursue). Next time use something like plex or jellyfin to view your media(that you legally own).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2020 at 4:18 PM, AlexOak said:

I believe you just answered your question right there.

Below is the answer.

You are lucky that YouTube flags it. The worst case it would have been a lawyer emailing you with a fine / case (If they did decide to pursue). Next time use something like plex or jellyfin to view your media(that you legally own).

But it was a Copyright claim I got. 

 

 

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2020 at 3:21 PM, Nano Adam said:

But it was a Copyright claim I got. 

 

 

That just means any money you would make from that video they get. or that you cannot monetize it. ( i think the rules changed and they cant take your money anymore)

 

you channel will not get banned for that, only a channel STRIKE, 3 of them will get you banned and the first strike they tell you is a free pass so its really 4 in total.

 

But this seems like a person illegal uploaded the video so this would be piracy I believe. then we can't talk about it on here.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2020 at 10:21 PM, Nano Adam said:

But it was a Copyright claim I got. 

Just keep them on a different platform that is not youtube. You are not supposed to use youtube as your personal library and with the updated guidelines of a few months ago they specified better that they can close any channel that is not commercially viable. Posting a lot of copyrighted non-owned material on the platform for your personal use it against their term of service. Just don't do it. Use another cloud service for personal use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2020 at 9:25 PM, Nano Adam said:

So, some of the YouTube videos I watch are country restricted so I use a VPN. However, I just decided to download them, then upload them to YouTube Privately on my own account so I can enjoy them without a VPN hassle. But when I did, YouTube said it found copyright claim. Is there anything that could go wrong?? 

 

Thanks!

Just watch them on your PC after the download?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Praesi said:

Just watch them on your PC after the download?

 

11 hours ago, 3rrant said:

Just keep them on a different platform that is not youtube. You are not supposed to use youtube as your personal library and with the updated guidelines of a few months ago they specified better that they can close any channel that is not commercially viable. Posting a lot of copyrighted non-owned material on the platform for your personal use it against their term of service. Just don't do it. Use another cloud service for personal use.

YouTube is needed, since I need to watch these videos on my TV, which only supports YouTube as one of the streaming services. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nano Adam said:

 

YouTube is needed, since I need to watch these videos on my TV, which only supports YouTube as one of the streaming services. 

You could get an external usb ssd to gather videos.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, just throw the files on a USB drive and call it a day.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2020 at 3:22 AM, blu4 said:

That just means any money you would make from that video they get. or that you cannot monetize it. ( i think the rules changed and they cant take your money anymore)

 

you channel will not get banned for that, only a channel STRIKE, 3 of them will get you banned and the first strike they tell you is a free pass so its really 4 in total.

 

But this seems like a person illegal uploaded the video so this would be piracy I believe. then we can't talk about it on here.

You don't get copyright strikes from a copyright claimant who claims monetization on a video. You only get strikes when a video is forcibly taken down by a copyright holder (and generally, this won't happen if it's an automatic [~2 minutes or less] takedown).

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

You don't get copyright strikes from a copyright claimant who claims monetization on a video. You only get strikes when a video is forcibly taken down by a copyright holder (and generally, this won't happen if it's an automatic [~2 minutes or less] takedown).

Thank You! This is the best answer I had in all of this discussion! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Nano Adam said:

Thank You! This is the best answer I had in all of this discussion! 

Just a little word of advice, uploading copyrighted material on YouTube is an extremely iffy thing to mess with, speaking from personal experience. But if all of the videos are just being claimed for monetization, you should largely be safe.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, Nano Adam said:

Thank You! This is the best answer I had in all of this discussion! 

We all highly advise you to stop what you're doing. It was just a copyright notice this time. Next time it could be a full takedown strike.

 

And there's nothing stopping that Pakistani channel from actually suing you for copyright theft.

 

YouTube will catch you again. And if they notice you keep uploading copyrighted videos that keep getting notices on them, they'll do something about it - such as deleting your account.

 

So, just stop doing it.

 

If you need to access a VPN, then use a VPN. Is that annoying? Yes.

 

Otherwise, if you must keep violating copyright, at least download the media locally and watch it from a USB drive or something. But I don't advise that either.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×