The Xbox Reveal (may 21, 2013

What are the things you hope to see Microsoft reveal on the new Xbox. (Try to keep it as positive as possibly, but also be realistic.) And please leave out any arguments involving PC vs Console gaming. That's not what this thread is about.

CPU:4770k  Motherboard:Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero  RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance  GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 780 OC 6GB  CaseFractal Design Define R4 (Blackout Edition)  Storage:Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU:Corsair RM 850  Display(s):BenQ 24" GL2450-B  Cooling:Corsair H75  Keyboard:Compaq (Generic)  Mouse:G500

I guess I'll be interested to see what rumors end up being true. I think the mandatory internet connection thing would give them some bad rap but probably benefit their overall vision for what they want the system to be. I am curious as to how they are going to address backwards compatibility, if it's really going to be some sort of external attachment you have to buy, that would be interesting. Mostly I want to see how successfully they implement all of their various media things, and hwo successful they will be in "conquering the living room," as people have been saying. Honestly I think it would be really cool if they elevate the system above just a console and make it an effective multimedia machine that stores and synthesizes all of your media in one place. If they pull it off, they will probably crush everyone else, I might even consider getting one. Otherwise, I'm going to stick with the Playstation team, for the one main reason that I always have: I personally enjoy all of the exclusive titles that it has. I'm not aiming for a one is better than the other argument, they both have strengths and weaknesses, that's just the main reason I go Playstation, because basically any game that is on Xbox I can get for PC, save the few exclusives that it has (although Gears and some of the Halo things came to PC, right?), and for the rest I can just go play with one of my many friends who have an Xbox. But I digress, new stuff is always exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings. 

The PS4 looks better but it was more powerful this generation however Microsoft got more profit(not more sales anymore) due to the software of the xbox being far superior and i think that will be reflected again as sony can big up teh console however i dunno think their software will b as good as microsoft. Im also worried about microsoft not supporting dev teams. Sony is supporting them and games like minecraft or trine have become big and a lot of money can be made so bad move microsoft. Sorry if this sounds bias ive had sony since PS1 days but im now mainly a PC player 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Once again, I think the disparity in tech/ performance will be kind of negligible between systems and will vary more game to game. As far as supporting dev teams goes, idk if it was Sony, Microsoft or both, but I remember Linus and Slick talking on one of the live shows saying that because the new console tech is more PC like (or something along those lines) that devs can develop for PC first and port the games down, so everyone wins! Idk, if someone could clarify/ correct that would be cool.   

I think it was Ubiosft (could be wrong) who came out and said that, so we should be getting better looking and playing games on the PC this time around. I'm looking forward to see what the controller looks like. The ps4 controller was leaked before so we will see if that happens again but I'm curious as to how it has changed. Also to see all the software that they are going to have with it to make it more of a media box and not a gaming box. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I'm not even that excited, I was a console gamer but Linus switched me, I built my own PC and now all my XBox is used for is Call of Duty. I might go and pick up a new one if I can find some kind of special offer but if it's £500 to play one game a year. Nah.

Best of luck to them though!

Great thoughts guys. 

I personally want to see them to draw a line and make concrete reason why you should have an Xbox over PlayStation (For marketing reasons only): I think both struggled in addressing the "console war" in the most recent generation, and because of there lack of marketing, fan boys arose. 

As far a specs. go: both Xbox and PlayStation are rumored to have similar hardware from which is based on the x86 (PC) architectural.

Entertainment: I hope they cool there jets on this "entertainment system" move that they have made for the past 3 years. I personally just want my music, videos, and Netflix on my system. They rest I hope the focus on GAMING. THATS IT.

Capability: Having a designated capture card internally built WOULD BE AWESOME. I understand it would bump up the price even more, but if that means I can remove one piece of hardware to capture video onto my computer ...that would be amazing. 

Control: I hope any changes are minor, because I love the Xbox controller, but I'm a strong believer in fixing what isn't broken, contrary to the popular saying. Even great things can become greater.

Should come standard with HDMI, WIFI, and maybe bluetooth connectivity 

CPU:4770k  Motherboard:Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero  RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance  GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 780 OC 6GB  CaseFractal Design Define R4 (Blackout Edition)  Storage:Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU:Corsair RM 850  Display(s):BenQ 24" GL2450-B  Cooling:Corsair H75  Keyboard:Compaq (Generic)  Mouse:G500

What are the things you hope to see Microsoft reveal on the new Xbox. (Try to keep it as positive as possibly, but also be realistic.) And please leave out any arguments involving PC vs Console gaming. That's not what this thread is about.

I hope to see a keyboard, Mouse, interchangeable GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, MOBO HARDDRIVEs and Fans, Leds....you know what I am saying

I'm looking forward to it. In a really old post on a site I saw the graphics card that the console would have. It looked promising. Still nothing close to a high end PC but it might break the 30 FPS limit. Plus all the new exclusives and what not.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

I hope to see a keyboard, Mouse, interchangeable GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU, MOBO HARDDRIVEs and Fans, Leds....you know what I am saying

Mouse and keyboard support would be amazing. It would really open up the impossibilities for the consoles; especially when you have a game like Guardians of Middle earth which is a moba

I'm looking forward to it. In a really old post on a site I saw the graphics card that the console would have. It looked promising. Still nothing close to a high end PC but it might break the 30 FPS limit. Plus all the new exclusives and what not.

You also have to remember that console's cpu and gpu are designated for gaphics alone. They don't need to worry about hefty OS, and other non-gaming related processes. These consoles will probably be up to par (visually) with todays PC's. Developers use the architecture that's provided and maximize, and utilize the possibilities of each different graphical process. That's why consoles in general have better exclusives than PC. But they are non-evolving. That's why Microsoft and Sony need to be smart about ending this new generation within 4 years otherwise the console market is really going to start hurting.