Explain Your Username

DLM_012

Long time ago the first boards I went to were astronomy related. I often tried to claim the nick Sunspot and always failed to. So out of childish spite I went with moonspot.

Unfortunately, I just googled it and OMG I NEED A NEW USERNAME!!!

I was afraid to Google it because of your foreboding post, however it seems its just a bunch of spotted goats. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Oddly...I have no desire to be associated with goats in any way shape or form :/

Gabe Newell

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Location, New Zealand.

I am on Hoilday :P

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Shhh! its a secret I am not actually Gaben :P

Yeah, I know, the username GabeN was taken by me, it was banned after 1 post because I made it an epic monologue of bullshit and even wrote a poem about Steam.

Yeah, I know, the username GabeN was taken by me, it was banned after 1 post because I made it an epic monologue of bullshit and even wrote a poem about Steam

Cool, what rules were you violating?

Cool, what rules were you violating?

Spamming/troll posting I expect.

It wasn't the name of the account, it was the drivel that I used it to post, you'll be fine.

Spamming/troll posting I expect.

It wasn't the name of the account, it was the drivel that I used it to post, you'll be fine.

Yeah, I knew there was no problem with the name gaben, was just curious what was bad about the post

Yeah, I knew there was no problem with the name gaben, was just curious what was bad about the post

I got bored one day, the title was something like "to all my loyal servants" and there was a paragraph of text about how I looked down on all the peasants and members of the PC master race from my high valve chambers ect and then I spent literally an hour and a half in a word document writing a full on poem to paste into the post about how valve came into being after gaben worked for microsoft, and the story of steam's rise to glory.

It was full of pc master race type meme trollish drivel to be honest but reading it back did make me chuckle, unfortunately some of the mods here don't have much of a sense of humour and decided to delete it rather than just lock it and leave it there. Meh, it's up to them, not my forum, and it was spam.

I got bored one day, the title was something like "to all my loyal servants" and there was a paragraph of text about how I looked down on all the peasants and members of the PC master race from my high valve chambers ect and then I spent literally an hour and a half in a word document writing a full on poem to paste into the post about how valve came into being after gaben worked for microsoft, and the story of steam's rise to glory.

It was full of pc master race type meme trollish drivel to be honest but reading it back did make me chuckle, unfortunately some of the mods here don't have much of a sense of humour and decided to delete it rather than just lock it and leave it there. Meh, it's up to them, not my forum, and it was spam.

Its a shame they took it down

My Xbox Gamertag used to be SGTMadgunner and when I made my live account I changed it to Hellstorm six, I eventually made a username called FireandStone and now I'm BrandedUpontheGrave it all maintains a theme of fire and stone. Not so much due to any affinity for the theme itself as it simply being easier to make a user based off a previous one than to come up with a brand *snicker* new one.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I've been using my nick name since i have configured my first e-mail account, 15 years ago i think. I don't remember why though... It has been a long time, maybe because it seemed cool to me at that time.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

8 Bit doughnut shaped memory modules from the early 1950's.

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3 Ghz | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: Asus Z97 Pro Wifi AC (USB 3.0 rev) | Memory: G.Skill 2x8GB Ripjaws @ 1866MHZ | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Gaming | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

In KoToR(Knights of the Old Republic), on Korriban an npc would approach you and try and give you an item, and his name, Lurz Kesh, just stuck in my head all these years.

Not sure where it came from, but it's for my YouTube channel though.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jasdf70TV

Case: Thermaltake Core V71 CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700X (overclocked to 4.1Ghz) Cooling: Corsair H110i GT(Push-Pull config) Motherboard: Gigabyte's Aorus AX370 AM4 K7 RAM: G.SKILL 2800Mhz 32GB GPU:  GEFORCE GTX 1080 (SLI) from Gigabyte Storage: Kingston 3K 240GB (main boot drive) Crucial M500 SSD, WD 2TB Green, 100GB HD(As backup) PSU: Sseasonic X Series 850W Gold

Rumikarimu

karimu 

Back when I was cool in a game on PS3 called Littlebigplanet 2,
I knew other people, one of them being called, "Akridkarimu."

I borrowed the last part of his name, and continued from there.

Rumi

My old username in most of the things I've signed up for was
Rikorualex/Rikorudaniel, so I wanted to keep the R thing going.

I was just sitting while making my game name on steam, just sitting think all my other names are taken, so I just thought that elitegamer and sticked with it. I'm surpised that no one took my cocky name

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

My username be my last name, yaaay. *crickets*

Plate: Maximus VI Extreme | Main Course: Intel 4770K | Sweet Sauce: Asus GTI 780 ti DCII OC

Silverware: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 1866hz | Fridge: Corsair 760T Black 

Oven: Corsair AX1200 | Beverage: Corsair H110

Well basically when I was five or so I played a lot of mortal combat with my bigger cousins, which I was never allowed to but that made it even cooler ofcourse :D Thats how Fatality came to my mind.. Now Diablo comes from my first big love - Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, still have not played with any better than this :wub:

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

It's actually quite dumb. Back when I was 11 or maybe a bit younger, I decided to make an account for a chat site my sister used. I had no idea what to use. She said a lot of people put "DJ" into their name and it's "cool". So I did it. And I was born on 4th June (Sweet 16 is coming up really soon :D)

On other websites or in games I use "phenomanII". I was trying to come up with a good nickname because I wanted to make Youtube videous and I thought my PC will have a Phenom II inside. That changed but I liked the nickname too much.

I also used sMArT because my friends had nicknames that were also 5 letters long with some random letter capitalised.

I used to play some CS 1.6 with the nickname FractalFanboy but shhhh, Josh doesn't need to know... :D

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I used to play a game where some games that used admin commands. One of the commands would unadmin someone. Thought it was neat to have admin in the name. Some sites don't let me use that so I'd use Michael127001 instead (self explanatory?)