Will i notice 2 cores less on the 10th gen mobile i7?

I'm looking into the new XPS 15 9500, but here in Norway I can't get it with the i7-10875H, only the i7-10750H.. My question is if i really will notice a difference? I'm a web developer so I won't do much rendering and stuff..

12 minutes ago, sosinondodrore said:

I'm looking into the new XPS 15 9500, but here in Norway I can't get it with the i7-10875H, only the i7-10750H.. My question is if i really will notice a difference? I'm a web developer so I won't do much rendering and stuff..

Not really. I mean the xps will thermal throttle anyways so that the 8 core only performs a little better than the already throttled 6 core. That and well for web development you really don't need that much power at all.

Do you use any software that can and will load all cores for some time to do some heavy work? That's where the higher core count might help. If you don't enter that situation much if at all, then both should perform similarly. 

What are you using now? That might give a reference point.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

5 minutes ago, porina said:

Do you use any software that can and will load all cores for some time to do some heavy work? That's where the higher core count might help. If you don't enter that situation much if at all, then both should perform similarly. 

What are you using now? That might give a reference point.

I don't really use heavy programs, I have my desktop for that.. On my laptop i typically use VSCode and IntelliJ for development..

As a web developer no. Anything recent with 4+ cores would be fine. If you dabble with Databases, then something with hyper threading (8 threads 4 cores or more) would be a plus. That 6 core i7 would be fine for both and the difference wouldn't be noticeable.

I do sometimes develop some apps on Android.. How will it perform with emulators and such?

2 minutes ago, sosinondodrore said:

I do sometimes develop some apps on Android.. How will it perform with emulators and such?

It will be fine. 6 cores 12 threads is still overkill for most applications.

I don't understand why laptop companies still release their laptops like this new xps using intel chips. Other laptops like zephyrus g14 that use amd ryzen 9 series have better performance.

Replace the fear of the unknown with curiosity!

1 hour ago, sczze said:

I don't understand why laptop companies still release their laptops like this new xps using intel chips. Other laptops like zephyrus g14 that use amd ryzen 9 series have better performance.

Because even with Intel's production issues, they still have 10x the production capacity of AMD. There wouldn't be enough chips to supply demand with AMD's limited resources. They're working on fixing that, but currently that's one of the big hurdles.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20